10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Next1 of 11Monica Schipper/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Selin Alemdar/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Arun Nevader/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Monica Schipper/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of L'Oreal Professionnel
- Previous Next7 of 11Mireya Acierto/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Moroccanoil
- Previous Next9 of 11Tibi Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of TONI&GUY
- Previous Next11 of 11Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Dream Weavers1 of 11
By Tiffany Tse
Just when we thought we'd seen every way to braid hair, the fall runways offered us plenty of new plait possibilities. Check out ten of the most creative styles and find out how to re-create the looks.
Better Half2 of 11
At Etro, thick half-back fishtail plaits help elevate your typical braid. For a similar style, make sure to enhance and thicken your strands with a texture mist before braiding your hair.
Midas Touch3 of 11
Mara Hoffman's loose, barely-there braid is pretty on its own, but dipped in a bit of gold hairspray, the bohemian style feels a little more glamorous.
Fringe Benefits4 of 11
At Nanette Lepore, waterfall braids—a tricky technique where part of the hair is braided, and the other part cascades down—are woven across the forehead to create a flirtatious faux fringe.
Peek Out5 of 11
An unexpected surprise at Brandon Sun? Sleek, smooth hair with blink-and-you'll-miss-it plaits hidden towards the back. To get that pin-straight look, use a treatment oil to smooth out dry ends.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Nice Buns6 of 11
While the braided buns at Bibhu Mohapatra are elegant, the untucked ends give the style a playful, modern touch. Styling tip: Apply L'Oréal Professionnel's True Grip texturizing powder before braiding to make hair more pliable.
On Edge7 of 11
The severe, tightly braided cornrows at Concept Korea hint at a throwback to the grunge era.
Seeing Double8 of 11
The braid-in-braid look at Temperley—a narrow plait woven across the crown that flowed into a side braid—looks deceptively simple from the front, but is far more detailed and interesting from the back. Models had their hair prepped with Moroccanoil Treatment (or the brand's Treatment Light for fine or light-colored tresses), which made strands shinier and easier to style.
Center of Attention9 of 11
A single precise braid woven down the center part at Tibi was made to look like a mini mohawk. To hold the look, finish off with a hairspray like Living Proof's flexible version.
Pony Up10 of 11
At Marchesa, models also sported braided cornrows. But by gathering hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, the look is slightly more feminine. TONI&GUY's Stick It Up Gum was applied to model's hair, especially at the ends, to create definition.
Tie the Knot11 of 11
The messy, textured style at Zero + Maria Cornejo is actually a mix of cornrow, knotted and fishtail braids, designed to look natural and slept-in.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession