10 shortcuts for the beauty rebel
- Next1 of 11Herve Leger by Max Azaria Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of M.A.C
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Rene Furterer
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of L'Oréal
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Stila
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Urban Decay
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Ahava
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Per-fekt
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Oscar Blandi
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Sarah Potempa Beachwaver
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of By Terry Terrybly
- 10 shortcuts for the beauty rebel9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Beauty1 of 11
By Melissa Magsaysay
Despite our best intentions, maintaining a full-fledged beauty routine is easier said than done. But it's possible to skip a step here and there as long as you have the right products. Here are ten multitasking finds and at-home fixes for time-pressed beauty delinquents.
Cheat Sheets2 of 11
"I love the cleansing wipes from MAC Cosmetics," says celebrity makeup artist Gregory Arlt. "In addition to taking off makeup, they contain vitamin E, so they have nourishing and hydrating qualities allowing one to skip moisturizer."
SHOP NOW: MAC Wipes, from $15
Waterless Wonder3 of 11
Dry shampoo is the easiest way to skip a day (or three) of hair washing. Janine Jarman, hairstylist and owner of Hairroin Salon, swears by the Naturia dry shampoo from René Furterer. It helps soothe an itchy scalp, while absorbing excess oil.
SHOP NOW: René Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo, from $12
Double Duty4 of 11
This product should be a gym-bag staple. The sulfate-free formula blends the cleansing properties of shampoo with the hydrating powers of conditioner, while botanical oils add shine.
SHOP NOW: L'Oréal Ever Crème Cleansing Conditioner, $7
The Balm5 of 11
This all-purpose BB (beauty balm) cream is a lazy girl's secret weapon. The formula primes the face, diminishes oil, calms blemishes, evens out skin tone, fills deep lines, reduces redness and stays put on skin all day. Bonus? All this is delivered in a dime-size dollop.
SHOP NOW: Stila Stay-All-Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm, $38
Lip Service6 of 11
If only you could simply swipe on your favorite lipstick and go. Alas, there's exfoliating, moisturizing, lining, glossing, blotting and really, who has the time? These chubby pencils deliver high-impact color without the drying effects of lipstick. The formula contains nourishing plant extracts to hydrate and protect the delicate skin on the lips, and the pencil tip makes it easy to create a perfectly defined pout.
SHOP NOW: Urban Decay Super-Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color, $19
Face Time7 of 11
Last night's smoky eye doesn't have to mean extra steps at the sink. Skip the eye-makeup remover and cotton balls and opt for a three-in-one cleanser that takes off makeup, cleanses and tones skin with a vitamin-packed formula.
SHOP NOW: Ahava All-in-1 Toning Cleanser, $30
Disappearing Act8 of 11
You don't need an arsenal of products to treat the under-eye area. A cool metal tip on this applicator soothes puffiness, while the formula conceals circles and hides fine lines.
SHOP NOW: Per-fekt Eye Perfection Gel, $45
Color Correction9 of 11
Been a while since you've seen the colorist? Hide roots at home with this DIY pen. A brush tip delivers a subtle streak of color to the base of the hair, coating the area with enough pigment to cover up a darker hue or grays…for at least another week or two.
SHOP NOW: Oscar Blandi Pronto Colore Touch-up & Highlighting Pen, $23
Making Waves?10 of 11
This handy tool delivers red-carpet-ready curls or beachy waves with minimal effort. Instead of having to contort your wrist to curl the hair away from the face, the iron rotates in the direction you want with the click of a button.
SHOP NOW: The Beachwaver by Sarah Potempa, $199
Eye Opener11 of 11
Build darker and thicker eyelashes every day with a few strokes of a brush. This two-in-one mascara and growth serum enhances lashes daily, while strengthening and lengthening them over time.
SHOP NOW: By Terry Terrybly Mascara, $46