13 Totally Life-Changing Beauty Innovations
- Next1 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Ulta
- Previous Next3 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next4 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next5 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next6 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next7 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next8 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next9 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next10 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next11 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next12 of 14Allie Kircher, Chris Coppola/Studio D
- Previous Next13 of 14svetikd/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 14laflor/Getty Images
- 13 Totally Life-Changing Beauty Innovations20 Fashion Rules You Should Break
- 7 Magic Bra Solutions
- The Truth About Dressing For Your Age
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
High-Tech Beauty1 of 14
By Nicole Catanese for Cosmopolitan
From next-gen manis to skin-clearing technology, science is on your side. If you buy one thing this month, take your pick from one of these game changers.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 13 Sexy Eye Makeup Looks You Can Do in 5 Minutes Flat
Masked Crusader2 of 14
This FDA-approved mask is inspired by pro light-therapy treatments proven to help treat acne. The inside of the mask is studded with blue bulbs that destroy bacteria within pores (responsible for cystic breakouts), while the red ones dry out overactive oil glands (preventing clogged pores). Acne sufferers saw a major decrease after they used it daily for 30 days.
SHOP NOW: Illumask Anti-Acne Light Therapy Mask, $30, walmart.com
ON COSMOPOLITAN: When to Splurge and When to Save on Skincare
On a Roll3 of 14
Pop a roller onto the iPhone dock–like base, and choose the heat level that matches your hair type—fine, medium, or coarse. In just 8 seconds, it beeps, signaling it's ready to wrap-n-roll. The best part: These rollers won't lose steam. Each has a micro-heater built into its core, which keeps its temp in check.
SHOP NOW: Paul Mitchell Neuro Cell Hot Roller System, $180, paulmitchell.com
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 17 Life-Changing Makeup Shortcuts Every Woman Should Know
Glow Away4 of 14
Turn your favorite lotion or sunscreen into a customized glow-getter. This serum is packed with DHA and erythrulose, which interact on the surface of your skin, fake baking it into a believable bronze. Three drops give you a sun-kissed look for up to five days. Just shake the drops (it's calibrated to release one at a time) into a dollop of moisturizer, mix and apply.
SHOP NOW: Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster, $30, clarins.com
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 13 Beauty Tricks You Had No Idea You Could Do With a Spoon
Perfect Ten5 of 14
The lasting power of gel minus base coat and annoying lamp time equals mani heaven! Apply two layers of the color-and-base-coat hybrid onto clean nails. Then sweep on the top coat—special polymers continually make the polish stronger. After testing a few hundred manis, more than 80 percent had zero chips after seven days. Bonus: It comes off with regular remover.
SHOP NOW: CND Vinylux Weekly Polish and Top Coat, $10 each, cnd.com
ON COSMOPOLITAN: How to Get Flawless Makeup in Less Than 10 Minutes
Take Root6 of 14
This mineral powder is a doppelgänger for a foundation compact, except it's meant to cover up roots instantly. The tinted powder is laced with positive-charged zinc particles that latch onto strands (which have a negative charge), camouflaging grays. Plus, it's water-resistant, so spinning class won't cause it to run down your scalp. And the six multidimensional shades match just about any hair color.
SHOP NOW: Color Wow Root Cover-Up, $35, ulta.com
ON COSMOPOLITAN: How to Banish Under-Eye Bags
Prime Time7 of 14
Water seems pure and gentle, but it's a nightmare for color-treated hair. In the shower, it floods your naturally porous strands, dissolves color molecules and sends your dye job swirling down the drain. To stop the madness, mist dry hair with this pre-shampoo treatment—the blend of lightweight almond, coconut and argan oils helps seal the cuticle, so water can't get in. Result: Color that lasts twice as long.
SHOP NOW: Nexxus Color Assure Pre-Wash Primer, $18, ulta.com
All That Glitters8 of 14
Think this looks sparkly? Brace yourself. Mix a dab of this cream shadow with the enclosed clear potion, and pat the color on your lid. Result: sparkles on steroids. Seriously, the stunning tinfoil-like pigment could last through a Beyoncé show—even if you were Bey.
SHOP NOW: Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow, $32, stilacosmetics.com
Triple Threat9 of 14
Moisturizer, SPF and a gentle-but-effective wrinkle treatment, this is the ultimate essential for those just getting into the anti-aging game or who want a one-stop shop. This three-in-one formula is infused with pro-retinol, a gentler version of prescription-strength Retin-A (the gold standard of anti-agers for more than 20 years). In four weeks, expect to see fewer lines and a firmer texture.
SHOP NOW: Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer Anti-Age Skin Corrector, $17, drugstore.com
Shine On10 of 14
Copper, found in most tap water, ups free radicals, the same Pac-Man–like molecules that break down your skin—only in hair, they break down keratin, the building blocks of strands, resulting in split ends, breakage and dullness. While Pantene has infused most of their shampoos with EDDS, a molecule that draws out copper like a magnet, this Damage Detox line is packed with twice the amount.
SHOP NOW: Pantene Pro-V Weekly Deep Cleanse, $5, drugstore.com
Eye to Eye11 of 14
Dreaming of an eye cream that smooths fine lines instantly? This one's packed with antioxidants that act like bouncers, protecting collagen fibers from being attacked by UV rays and pollution, while retinyl linoleate and peptides soften lines over time. However, its shrink-wrap–like formula is where the real magic happens: Studies show that 75 percent of women noted smoother, tighter skin in just 15 minutes. After eight weeks, 80 percent said their lids looked less heavy and hooded.
SHOP NOW: Prevage Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Eye Serum, $130, elizabetharden.com
Seeing Red12 of 14
Huge news for rosacea sufferers: Galderma Mirvaso gel is the only FDA-approved topical treatment that decreases redness from the condition, which causes flushed skin. Like Visine for your face, it triggers blood vessels to temporarily tighten, so skin looks less red within about 30 minutes of applying it ... and stays that way for 12 hours. Consult your dermatologist to see if it's an option for your skin.
Trim Down13 of 14
Shrink fat cells in stubborn areas (think tummy pooch!) and reduce the look of cellulite—all without going under the knife. I-Lipoxcell, a combo of infrared technology, lymphatic massage and radio frequency, can shave off an inch in one 20-minute session, which cost approximately $250 each. For best results, pros recommend 3 to 10 visits.
Smooth Operator14 of 14
For years, it was Botox or bust, but new FDA-approved alternative Neubelle uses radio frequency rather than nerve-paralyzing injections to create a thermal injury that inhibits specific nerves. In about 30 minutes, you can smooth a full forehead (ask for numbing shots—it's not pain-free). Clinical studies show that it can last from eight months to a year and a half—about twice as long as Botox. One session will cost you approximately $1,500.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession