30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- Next1 of 12Balmain Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 12Desigual Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 12Michael Kors Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 12Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 12Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 12Issa Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 12Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 12Mary Katrantzou Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 12Christian Dior Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 12Rochas Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 12Balenciaga Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next12 of 12Balmain Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Who You Calling Old?1 of 12
By Shannan Rouss
The idea of a model being past her prime by her mid-20s is something that has never sat right with us. Fortunately, the fashion industry is starting to agree. At the fall 2014 runway shows, we took note of all the 30-something models making the newcomers look like amateurs. Check out these eight beauties who are far from over the hill.
Alek Wek, 362 of 12
Originally from Sudan, Alek Wek helped change the face of beauty when she started modeling in the mid-'90s. Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o recently commented on Wek's influence: "When I saw Alek I inadvertently saw a reflection of myself that I could not deny," she added. "Now, I had a spring in my step because I felt more seen, more appreciated by the far away gatekeepers of beauty."
Nearly 20 years later, Wek is just as striking and high-energy as ever, appearing here at the fall 2014 Desigual show in New York.
Frankie Rayder, 393 of 12
It's hard to believe this former Victoria's Secret model is close to 40. This fall, the Wisconsin native hit the runway for Michael Kors in New York (pictured), and Givenchy in Paris.
Karen Elson, 354 of 12
With her ultra-fair skin and bright red hair, Karen Elson is hard to miss. She made the rounds this season: When she wasn't walking for Diane von Furstenberg (pictured), Tom Ford and others, she was sitting front row at the shows.
Valentina Zelyaeva, 315 of 12
As a muse for Ralph Lauren, this Russian model has been walking in the designer's shows since 2003. Although she's cut back on her catwalking since then, she remains loyal to Lauren, still doing his shows from season to season.
Jacquetta Wheeler, 326 of 12
At nearly 6 feet tall, this leggy British beauty has long been a favorite of designers. Fourteen years after she was first discovered by photographer Mario Testino, she's still going strong, walking in shows for Issa (pictured), Michael Kors and Alexander Wang.
Saskia de Brauw, 327 of 12
This Dutch beauty ditched her modeling career at 16 to study art instead. At the ripe old age of 29, she returned to the business and this season alone, she walked the runway for H&M (pictured), Fendi and Givenchy—just to name a few.
Kirsten Owen, 378 of 12
With her edgy, androgynous features, Kirsten Owen has never been a conventional beauty. The British model, who first appeared on the cover of a fashion mag back in 1987, continues to turn heads: She appeared in the spring 2014 couture collection for Schiaparelli, and walked in the Mary Katrantzou fall 2014 show this February.
Mariacarla Boscono, 339 of 12
Just four months after giving birth to her daughter, Mariacarla Boscono posed for Givenchy's spring 2013 campaign. The Italian model, known for her fine, delicate features, got her start at 17, and shows no signs of slowing down: She walked the fall 2014 runway for Christian Dior (pictured), Balenciaga and Prada.
Malgosia Bela, 3610 of 12
In the late '90s, this Polish beauty was featured in advertising campaigns for Versace, Jil Sander and Lanvin. She may be turning 37 in June, but Bela remains a constant at Fashion Week (here, she walks in the Rochas fall 2014 show). Of her longevity, she said in an interview with Into the Gloss, "I've maintained relevancy because my look is classic, but not too pretty."
Gisele Bündchen, 3311 of 12
Yes, the world's richest model (for the seventh year running) seems to have discovered a secret fountain of youth. She looks just as svelte and fresh-faced here at the fall 2014 Balenciaga show as she did back in 1997 when she got her start.
Angela Lindvall, 3512 of 12
It seemed that Angela Lindvall might have retired from the runway—she'd been busy juggling TV gigs, movie roles and environmental activism over the past few years. But the American-born model made a cameo at the fall 2014 Balmain show, seen here.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession