'80s and '90s nails are back
- Next1 of 8Ashish Spring 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of OPI
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Orly
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Illamasqua
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Calvin Klein
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of Sally Hansen
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of Lac Attack
Throwback Tips1 of 8
By Natasha Burton
From wine-colored lips to not-seen-in-nature hair color, '80s and '90s beauty is undeniably back. Not ready to rock a faux-hawk? These seven new nail polishes will let you dip a toe (or ten) into the rad retro trend.
Punky Town2 of 8
Deborah Lippmann has just released a throwback punk-rock polish collection including an acid-yellow color called I Wanna Be Sedated. Even more '80s? The polish has a concrete-like finish.
SHOP NOW: Deborah Lippmann Punk Rock nail lacquer, $19 each
Fluorescent Bright3 of 8
You may need to put on your shades because these hues are mega-bright: The pack of polishes comes with a white base coat to help hues really pop.
SHOP NOW: OPI Neon Revolution Mini Pack, $20
So Shifty4 of 8
Color-changing T-shirts? So '80s. Pay homage to that fresh fashion moment with a top coat that will make your polish change color: It's clear when warm, but turns dark when cold.
SHOP NOW: ORLY Shade Shifter, $19
Rave On5 of 8
Illamasqua's summer makeup collection includes polishes that actually glow under UV light, as well as a top coat that you can paint over any polish to get the effect.
SHOP NOW: Illamasqua Paranomal nail varnish, $25 each
Scent of a Woman6 of 8
Calvin Klein was one of the brands of the '90s. Get a whiff of those bygone days with this varnish that smells like the brand's summer scent. Genius.
SHOP NOW: CK One Scented nail polish, $14
White Hot7 of 8
White polish was big on spring runways, and the latest polishes are a big improvement on the Wite-Out you might have used in high school. If you're a bit leery of this look, start with a translucent white, like this one, that you can build upon.
SHOP NOW: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White, $3
Lights Out8 of 8
Glow-in-the-dark was another major '80s trend. This polish collection combines that novelty with a splatter-paint-effect for manis that are, like, totally awesome.
SHOP NOW: Lac Attack Beach Daze Collection, from $4
NEXT ON GLO: The Best Manicure-and-Ring Combos Ever
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession