- Next1 of 10Alexis Jonnson
- Previous Next2 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next4 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next5 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next6 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next7 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next8 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 10StyleSight
- Previous Next10 of 10StyleSight
- Backstage Pass9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Behind-the-Scenes Beauty Tips1 of 10
By Abby Gardner
Sure, there is lots of action on the runways during New York Fashion Week, but beauty editors like me love the hustle and bustle backstage, where the industry's best hair stylists and makeup artists are hard at work. There's so much to learn!
Narciso Rodriguez2 of 10
Can you believe that makeup artist Dick Page for Shiseido created this look without mascara? Just goes to show that you can indeed live without it if it gets left at home. But when you leave out one tool, sometimes it helps to add another. Dick blended a little bit of Benefiance Full Correction Lip Treatment onto the edges of the eyes for a glossy, wet look.
Jason Wu3 of 10
Hairstylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda says you can adapt this style for real life by pulling hair into a sleek ponytail and twisting it into a bun at the nape of the neck, with the ends of the hair fanning up the back of the head. Then just clip in a bright metallic barrette.
Alexander Wang4 of 10
There were a lot of very neutral lips this week (even concealer was used as color at some shows). At Alexander Wang, makeup artist Diane Kendal used MAC Pro Dim Lip Erase to take down even the natural color of models' lips. But you can use the trick if your red lipstick is just a little too bright for the office.
Sophie Théallet5 of 10
That black accessory around the necks of the models at the show actually doubled as a hair bow with long pieces hanging down the back. We love anything that does double duty, especially an item as simple as a black silk ribbon.
Peter Som6 of 10
Makeup artist Diane Kendal for MAC described this lip as "surprisingly bizarre." And I can't say I disagree, though I think it's also quite wearable. The secret: MAC Pro Pigments in Silver Metal, Rose Gold Metal and Melon applied over the entire lip for a "robotic" highlight.
Rodarte7 of 10
Sure, this look, created by Odile Gilbert for Aveda is more complex than most of us would do in the morning. But she told me the natural style is easy to recreate without so much as a brush. It's all about scrunching the hair with a styling foam and rubbing sections between two of your fingers.
Marc Jacobs8 of 10
I've been putting on my blush the same way for years — on the apples of my cheeks. But François Nars has me rethinking things after the Marc Jacobs show, where he drew the blush down the face in a way that's a bit more unusual. He likened it to a Renaissance painting.
BCBG9 of 10
Maybelline makeup artist Charlotte Willer says that a "subtle lash calls for well-defined brows." She filled in models' brows and then added volume with a brush so that they appeared more natural. They were my favorites of the week!
United Bamboo10 of 10
I love this lower lash liner created by Dick Page for Shiseido. When I asked him the best way to soften liner like this, he suggested diffusing it with a damp base sponge to make a smudgy finish.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession