10 new beauty products for a day at the beach
- Next1 of 11Jill Stuart Fall 2013: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of The Wet Brush
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Sensai
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Josie Maran
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Supergoop
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Layla
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of L'Oréal
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Organic Pharmacy
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Becca
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Sand Gone
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Clark's Botanicals
Beauty & the Beach1 of 11
By Zoe Schaeffer
Sun, sand, surf—all great fun, but they can wreak havoc on your skin and hair. To help, we've rounded up ten innovative, new beauty products. From a mist-like sunscreen to the ultimate snag-free brush, here's everything you need to pack in your beach bag.
Smart Brush2 of 11
Great for summer travel, these mini wet brushes gently detangle hair with blend of nylon and boar bristles. Use it for those wave-induced snarls that require immediate attention.
SHOP NOW: SporSunnette Lil' Wet Brush, $14 each
Lashing Out3 of 11
Lashes don't have to go naked at the beach. This humidity- and sweat-resistant mascara stays put in cool water. At the end of the day, use warm water to help remove it.
SHOP NOW: Kabebo Sensai 38°C Mascara, $25
Get Cheeky4 of 11
Infused with cooling coconut water, this soothing gel cheek color will last from sunrise until sunset. The other key ingredient, vitamin-E-rich argan oil, helps protect skin from wind, surf and sand.
SHOP NOW: Josie Maran Coconut Cheek Gelée, $22
Vitamin Boost5 of 11
Welcome, sunscreen 2.0! This non-greasy formula contains vitamin C to help protect against free radicals (which damage skin over time) and provide a fresh citrusy scent. Plus, the aerosol dispenser makes it a cinch to reapply throughout the day.
SHOP NOW: Supergoop! SPF 30 and 50 Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist, $19
Nailed It6 of 11
Go ahead and pencil in a beach day instead of a mani appointment—this lustrous nail polish has the staying power of a gel, lasting up to two weeks.
SHOP NOW: Layla Cosmetics Gel Effect Nail Polish, $15
Color Cure7 of 11
Your skin isn't the only thing that needs protection from the sun. This conditioning leave-in spray has a UV filter to protect hair color from fading.
The Balm8 of 11
Use this multipurpose balm to tame brows, soothe cuticles, calm frizz, and hydrate lips. You can also dab it on cheeks for a healthy glow.
SHOP NOW: Organic Pharmacy Rose Balm, $50
Stain Game9 of 11
Get a subtle (and beach-appropriate) tint with this water-resistant lip stain, with SPF 25, available in fruit-inspired shades like lychee and fig.
SHOP NOW: BECCA Beach Tint, $25
Sand Away10 of 11
This non-talc powder removes caked-on sand and salt after a day at the beach. Toss it in your tote to ensure a comfortable drive home.
SHOP NOW: Sand Gone, $13
Getting Misty11 of 11
A few sprays of this replenishing facial mist will hydrate skin and reduce inflammation—just in case you missed a spot when applying your sunscreen.
SHOP NOW: Clark's Botanicals Cellular Lifting Moisture Mist, $28
NEXT ON GLO: 10 Beauty Secrets You Need to Know
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession