Style Icon: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Next1 of 25Glo
- Previous Next2 of 25Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 25Kevin Mazur Archive/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 25Diane Freed/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 25CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 25Robin Platzer/TIME & LIFE Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 25Ke.Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 25Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 25Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 25Dave Allocca/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 25Luis Martinez / America Foto Features / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 25Evan Agostini/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 25Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 25Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next15 of 25Carlo Allegri/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 25MJ Kim/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 25CAMERA PRESS / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next18 of 25CAMERA PRESS/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next19 of 25Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 25Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 25Dennis Van Tine / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next22 of 25RD / Kirkland / Retna Digital
- Previous Next23 of 25Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 25Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next25 of 25Bryan Bedder/WireImage
Beauty_Intro_Gwyneth_v021 of 25beauty_intro_Gwyneth style icon
Give 'Em the Slip2 of 25
By Abby Gardner
Sure, Brad and Gwyn were the hottest couple on the red carpet for a while there. But we were always tuned into her outfits. This white slip dress epitomizes that minimalist moment in the '90s.
SHOP NOW: Slip Dress
Suit Up3 of 25
Tom Ford revitalized the house of Gucci in the '90s thanks to his amazing designs and the support of celebrities like Gwyneth.
SHOP NOW: Menswear for Women
Sheer Details4 of 25
OK, so maybe not all of us have the body for sheer lace gowns. But lace detailing is something that every woman can wear.
SHOP NOW: Lace
Chop, Chop5 of 25
When Gwyneth chopped off all of her hair, the world noticed. I can't even count the number of people I knew who took her photo to the hair salon as inspiration.
Cinched In6 of 25
The Dolce & Gabbana corset dress had a major moment, especially this version on Gwynnie. We're sure it launched a million knockoffs.
Power of Three7 of 25
These three ladies — Gwyneth, Kate Moss and Liv Tyler — basically defined late-'90s style. There was nobody cooler.
Sweet Separates8 of 25
During her awards show run for Shakespeare in Love, all fashion eyes were on Gwyneth. We loved how she paired this long skirt with a short sweater.
SHOP NOW: Cardigans
Pretty Princess9 of 25
GP took home her Oscar in a dress that many girls dream of wearing to the ball (or the prom). She was like a modern-day Cinderella, escorted by her beloved dad.
Going Goth10 of 25
We love that Gwyneth isn't afraid to change things up. Her darker side is way chic too.
SHOP NOW: Hair Dye
Dark & Stormy11 of 25
This Alexander McQueen dress was much maligned when the actress wore it to the Academy Awards. Personally, the fit in the bust is my main problem. But her hair and makeup are amazing. Gwyneth was way pre-curve with her front braid.
Jean Queen12 of 25
Gwyneth wore these Blue Cult jeans to a Calvin Klein fashion show in 2002. So many women went out and bought them (myself included) that the style was officially dubbed "The Gwyneth."
SHOP NOW: Blue Cult
Maternity Maven13 of 25
Gwyneth makes maternity evening wear look easy just before having her first child, Apple. The draping and panels make her look great ... and comfortable.
Oops!14 of 25
Note to self: If you try Eastern health practices like cupping, or anything else that leaves a hickey-like mark, do not go strapless.
Tight Squeeze15 of 25
The boning in this Stella McCartney dress — the designer is one of Gwyneth's best pals — makes it incredibly flattering in the midsection.
SHOP NOW: Body Con Dresses
Outer Wear16 of 25
When your husband is the lead singer of one of the biggest bands in the world (that would be Coldplay), you better have a cool music festival look. We're dying for her rain boots.
SHOP NOW: Rain Boots
Color Guard17 of 25
We love that Gwyneth chose this Zac Posen gown in such a unique color. It pays to stand out. And her bold lip is the icing on the cake.
SHOP NOW: Red Lipstick
She's Got Legs18 of 25
When you've got an amazing feature, like killer legs, do do do show them off! There's a tasteful way to go mini, even after you turn 30.
Know Your Staples19 of 25
The dark blazer is a girl's best friend. You can wear it with everything from jeans to a leather skirt, as Gwyneth does here.
SHOP NOW: Blazers
Read the Room20 of 25
When Gwyneth presented at the Grammys, she knew well enough to bring out the bling in her fashion. The tights are killer!
SHOP NOW: Silver Tights
Support Group21 of 25
Gwyneth loves to support designers that aren't as well known outside of the insider fashion world, and we appreciate that. As we're sure do the designers of Preen, who made this dress.
Short Shorts22 of 25
Formal shorts aren't for everyone. But GP is a huge fan.
SHOP NOW: Formal Shorts
Edgy Lady23 of 25
Gwyneth rocked an edgier look at a recent Burberry fashion show. Roll up your sleeves and try one too.
SHOP NOW: Vintage T-Shirts
Long & Lean24 of 25
Gwyneth's time in Nashville filming Country Strong seems to have rubbed off on her fashion sense. Everything gets glammed up in the South.
Stage Presence25 of 25
Gwyneth's a real-deal performer these days after singing at the Country Music Awards. And while you may not be taking the stage in front of music stars, you can still go a little sexier when you know all eyes are on you.
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession