Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- Next1 of 10Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Nexxus
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of QVC
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Dermstore
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Target; Ulta
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Model Citizen1 of 10
By Tiffany Tse
As a supermodel-turned-actress, Molly Sims knows a few things about great hair, skin and makeup. We asked Sims, who's a Nexxus brand ambassador and recently dyed her blond hair red, to reveal her nine favorite beauty essentials. Check out all her picks now.
Shine On2 of 10
"I use this Nexxus primer on my hair right before showering to keep water out and lock color in," says Sims. "It's my secret to preserving the color. After showering, I spritz my hair with the Nexxus glossing tonic to bring out the shine."
Brush With Greatness3 of 10
"When it comes to my hair, my primary concern is getting enough volume," says Sims. "I dry my hair upside down now, because it helps increase the volume. I use a wet brush—I really like Drybar's Lemon Drop Detangler."
SHOP NOW: Drybar Lemon Drop Daily Detangler, $15, qvc.com
Gone Coconuts4 of 10
"To prevent frizz, my secret is coconut oil," says Sims. "You can actually use it as a mask on dry hair. Just heat it up a little, let it set and once it's cool, apply it to your hair and cover your head with a plastic bag. Do a quick steam in your shower, maybe 15 to 20 minutes, while you're waiting to wash it out, and your hair will turn out beautifully." We suggest trying Sims' trick with Williams-Sonoma's organic raw oil.
SHOP NOW: Williams-Sonoma coconut oil, $15, williams-sonoma.com
Fountain of Youth5 of 10
"I'm a big fan of Karin Herzog moisturizers, especially the Vita-A-Kombi," says Sims. The day-and-night cream is formulated with 1 percent active oxygen, which is supposed to speed up skin cell turnover for a smoother-looking complexion.
SHOP NOW: Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 1, $75, dermstore.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Neutral Territory6 of 10
"Tom Ford Beauty makes a great eyeshadow palette," says Sims. Her pick? The Golden Mink palette, which includes four neutral shades in both matte and satin finishes.
SHOP NOW: Tom Ford Beauty eye color quad in Golden Mink, $78, nordstrom.com
Eye to Eye7 of 10
"For eye creams, I use one by Natura Bisse," she says. The brand's eye gel is formulated with a marine extract rich in vitamins and minerals, designed to stimulate circulation and deeply hydrate the skin around the eye area.
SHOP NOW: Natura Bisse Stimul-Eye Active Gel, $68, neimanmarcus.com
Smooth Operator8 of 10
"I use Hourglass primer under their foundation for every day," says Sims. The brand's SPF 15 primer is made with anti-inflammatory zinc oxide to help conceal redness and even out skin tone.
SHOP NOW: Hourglass veil mineral primer, $52, sephora.com
Nailed It9 of 10
Makes Scents10 of 10
Though she has a number of favorite scents, for every day, Sims gravitates towards Tom Ford's lavender perfume, an earthy, woodsy scent made with two varieties of lavender, palm leaf and a touch of citrus. "It smells incredible," she says.
SHOP NOW: Tom Ford Lavender Palm eau de parfum, $210, bloomingdales.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession