Oldies but goodies
- Next1 of 13George Marks/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Avon
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of Rosebud Perfume Co.
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Elizabeth Arden
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Nivea
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Pond's
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of Maybelline
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Chanel
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of Merle Norman
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of Estee Lauder
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of Aveeno
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of Olay
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Cover Girl
- Oldies but goodies9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
The Classics1 of 13
By Zoe Schaeffer
Like these iconic brands, some things just get better with age. While a few have been around for more than 100 years and others a mere 50, they have all survived the good, the bad and the '80s. Find out how many years young these favorites are.
Age: 1252 of 13
The very first Avon Lady may have traveled by horse and buggy, buy today, the cosmetic brand has made its way to more than 140 countries. Women continue to swear by its tried-and-true offerings, like this relaxing bath oil.
SHOP NOW: Avon Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil, $16
Age: 1163 of 13
Started in 1895, this Maryland-based brand remains a cult favorite. With its non-sticky finish and just the faintest hint of rose, this balm was clearly ahead of its time.
SHOP NOW: Smith's Rosebud Salve, $6
Age: 1014 of 13
Elizabeth Arden has a still-popular Fifth Avenue salon to prove its staying power. Beauty insiders swear by the brand's all-purpose balm, which helps heal and protect chapped skin.
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Protectant Cream, $17
Age: 1005 of 13
Reaching the century milestone this year, Nivea may be known for its signature cream, but the company continues to turn out new products, including the recently launched Express Hydration line.
SHOP NOW: Nivea Creme, $8
Age: 976 of 13
Although a version of Pond's launched in 1846, it wasn't until 1914 that the Cold Cream was introduced and became an instant hit. The cooling product is the ultimate moisturizing makeup remover.
SHOP NOW: Pond's Cold Cream, $13 for 3
Age: 967 of 13
Named for the inventor's sister Maybel and Vaseline (which was mixed with coal dust to create the original product), Maybelline is the matriarch of mascara. Now coal-free, the brand's mascara continues to impart full, clump-proof lashes.
SHOP NOW: Maybelline Great Lash, $6
Age: 928 of 13
Coco Chanel opened her first boutique in 1913 and a fragrance launch quickly followed. Maybe you’ve heard of it? This iconic scent is worn by women around the world, and is most closely associated with Marilyn Monroe.
SHOP NOW: Chanel No. 5, $260
Age: 809 of 13
This revitalizing mask is part of the Merle Norman's three-step-skincare system, an element of the company's philosophy that dates back to 1931.
SHOP NOW: Merle Norman Miracol Revitalizing Lotion, $15
Age: 7210 of 13
Called one of the sexiest scents ever created, this Estée Lauder fragrance still captivates with notes of rose and lavender.
SHOP NOW: Estée Lauder Youth Dew, $32
Age: 6611 of 13
This cult classic is made with pure colloidal oatmeal. The powder forms a milky bath when soaked in water and is known to sooth everything from poison ivy rash to sunburns.
SHOP NOW: Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment, $8
Age: 6212 of 13
Olay was born from love, created by a chemist for his wife. The longtime favorite is still known for its lightweight, non-comedogenic formulas that are both effective and affordable.
SHOP NOW: Olay Beauty Fluid, $10
Age: 5113 of 13
Though this brand is relatively young, it feels as if it has been around for years. Its all-American image was cemented early on, with ad campaigns featuring models like Cybill Shepherd and Christie Brinkley. And today, we still love its flawless foundations.
SHOP NOW: Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup, $6