Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- Next1 of 7Blumarine Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 7BCBG Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 7Christian Dior Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 7Oscar De La Renta Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 7Christian Dior Spring 2011; Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 7Tasashi Shoji Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 7Richard Bord/Getty Images
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Beauty Confidential1 of 7
Hanging out backstage during the shows at Fashion Week, you're bound to pick up a few tips from the makeup artists and hair pros. Take this example from behind the scenes at the Blumarine Fall 2012 show: To keep foundation from getting smudged, tuck a powder puff between your hand and chin when brushing on lipstick. Read on for more surprising behind-the-scenes beauty secrets.
Getting Decked2 of 7
To prevent the dreaded bumps that metal clips can leave behind, hairstylists keep playing cards handy. The thicker paper and smooth finish make them ideal for the job.
Sleight of Hand3 of 7
Beauty pros know that looking at a woman's hands is the best way to find out her true age. Botox and fillers can make a face look years younger, but extremities don't lie. Behind the scenes at the Christian Dior Fall 2012 show, a model (likely still in her teens) has concealer brushed onto to her hands to make them look even more pristine.
Curl Power4 of 7
Even models with stick-straight hair can achieve glorious waves. The trick? Weaving small sections of hair in and out of a U-shaped bobby pin, and then clamping with a flatiron to set the shape.
Need a Lift?5 of 7
At one recent show, models were given the Botox treatment by way of tape (not that a single runway model actually needs her skin pulled taut). The goal was to create dramatically arched brows. Although we wouldn't suggest this strategy for everyday wear, it certainly could be fun come Halloween.
Lash Out6 of 7
Looking to lengthen your lashes? Use the tip of your mascara wand to fully coat individual strands, as shown.
A Leg Up7 of 7
Even perfect-looking gams are fair game when it comes to runway prep. For the Julien Fournie show during Paris Fashion Week Fall 2013, a model with lovely legs goes under the makeup artist's brush to get them burnished with a darker foundation.
NEXT GALLERY: Know It All: Fashion Week
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession