Commuting beauty tips and tricks
- Next1 of 9Johner Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of SoCal Curls
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of MiaCare
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Knesko
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Vichy
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Rembrandt
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Bliss
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of DeVita
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Hello
- Commuting beauty tips and tricks9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Beauty in Motion1 of 9
By Natasha Burton
To optimize every minute of your commute, we've come up with eight creative ways to treat a blemish, do your hair and moisturize your hands—all while on the go. Whether you're driving or taking public transportation, these tips will help get the most out of your travel time.
Curl It Up2 of 9
Create pretty summer waves with this new hair tie that holds hair up off your face and sets curls (it's also attractive, so you won't be embarrassed wearing it in public). Just wrap your hair around the tie before you leave home and shake out your hair when you reach your destination. The result? Beautiful, bouncy locks.
SHOP NOW: SoCal Curls, $19
Banish Blemishes3 of 9
Wake up to a surprise eruption on your skin? Fight back with an acne treatment that you can stick onto your face before your commute to camouflage and treat your blemish. These skin-colored patches absorb liquids and are perfect for deflating large, raised pimples and can be left on all day.
SHOP NOW: MiaCare Acne Patches, $23
Perk Up Peepers4 of 9
Recovering from a late night? Stick on these collagen eye pads to help treat dark circles. The pads' hyaluronic acid skin and jojoba oil help hydrate the delicate under-eye area. (One caveat: The white gel semicircles may attract a few stares from your fellow commuters.)
SHOP NOW: Knesko Skin Diamond Radiance Eye Pads, $50 for four pairs
Protect Yourself5 of 9
Because the sun's UVA rays—the type that cause premature aging—can penetrate car windows, it's essential to protect your skin during your commute. While some car companies, like Ford, have started coating their car windows in SPF 50, most of us still have to use good old-fashioned sunscreen. Keep a spray bottle of non-greasy sunscreen in your glove compartment so you can spritz your arms, hands and chest before you leave the driveway.
SHOP NOW: Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Body Spray, $43
Whiten Your Smile6 of 9
Before your commute, pop on Rembrandt's whitening strips, which brighten your teeth—the active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide—in just ten minutes, they dissolve in your mouth and don't require brushing afterward.
SHOP NOW: Rembrandt Stain Dissolving Strips, $20
Mobile Mani7 of 9
Drive to work? Coat your hands with cream and don these moisturizing gloves. They'll give you a just-got-a-manicure suppleness without getting your steering wheel greasy.
SHOP NOW: Bliss Glamour Gloves, $40
Wash Your Face8 of 9
Want to just get home and fall into bed after a demanding day? Wash your face on the way home with a no-water-needed product. This new waterless cleansing crème removes makeup and helps maintain the skin's moisture balance (just wipe it off with cotton pads and your face is squeaky-clean).
SHOP NOW: DeVita Chamomile Cleansing Crème, $24
Freshen Your Breath9 of 9
No time to brush before a morning meeting or after a client dinner? Get yourself conversation-ready with this cutely packaged mouth spray.
SHOP NOW: Hello Breath Spray, $4
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession