Cosmopolitan's Shocking Celeb Beauty Secrets
- Next1 of 16Norman Scott/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next2 of 16Gennadi Avramenko/Epsilon/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 16Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 16JB Lacroix/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 16Indigo/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 16Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 16Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 16Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 16Don Arnold/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 16Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 16Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 16Tony Barson Archive/FilmMagic
- Previous Next13 of 16Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next14 of 16Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 16Norman Scott/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next16 of 16Steve Mack/FilmMagic
- Cosmopolitan's Shocking Celeb Beauty Secrets9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Random Celebrity Beauty Secrets1 of 16
By Carly Cardellino for Cosmopolitan
Finally, a sneak peek at how these celebrities get so beautiful. Their get-gorgeous tricks are a little more surprising than you might have guessed.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: Seriously Sexy Holiday Hair
Halle Berry2 of 16
This A-lister's anti-cellulite treatment tactic: ground coffee. The actress adds ground coffee to her body wash in hopes that caffeine and the mild exfoliation it offers will help to increase blood flow and smooth the skin.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: Cheap DIY Beauty Treatments
Hilary Duff3 of 16
The new mom and actress has said that she uses a refreshing spray before she puts on her foundation—and also throughout the day. "It makes my face glow!"
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 8 Things Guys Notice About You Instantly
Jessica Biel4 of 16
The Hitchcock star once said in an interview, "In the car on my way to premieres and awards shows, I'll sit with tissue paper under my armpits so I don't soil the delicate dress fabric. The whole time I'm telling myself, 'Please don't sweat, please don't sweat.' I throw the tissues out right before I step out of the car and nobody ever knows! I just put on a smile and fake it."
Kate Middleton5 of 16
The duchess reportedly received a bee venom facial before her wedding, done by beauty therapist Deborah Mitchell. It is claimed to be a needle-free shortcut to youthful, line-free skin.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: How to Whiten Your Teeth (Without Paying a Ton)
Lady Gaga6 of 16
Ever wonder how this singer walks out on stage without glitter flecks all over her face? Scotch tape. After her makeup is done, clear tape is used to clean up any flecks that have fallen onto her cheeks—and apparently it works like a charm!
Rachel Bilson7 of 16
The Hart of Dixie star and guest editor for Piperlime recently told Cosmo that she turns to Vaseline to remove her makeup. "It just works really well—especially when you're removing eye makeup—and it's gentle on my skin."
Emma Stone8 of 16
The Spider-Man starlet recently said in an interview that her allergies prevent her from putting many products on her skin, so she uses natural grape-seed oil from the grocery store. “I just use [it] on my face as a moisturizer,” explains Emma. “After the shower, I pat it on, and then I’ll use it throughout the day and at night."
Taylor Swift9 of 16
This singer-songwriter once used a Sharpie as eyeliner in an airplane bathroom because she didn't have any with her. "I don't recommend it," she's told reporters, and we agree!
Kim Kardashian10 of 16
According to this reality star, a spoonful of sugar helps your skin glow, which is true. Kim adds the sweet stuff to her body wash "for a gentle exfoliating experience."
Sienna Miller11 of 16
This actress revealed that she used ketchup to remove the green tinge from her strands after a dye job gone wrong.
Shakira12 of 16
Oh, baby! Shakira skips the adult SPF and goes straight for the baby formulas when it comes to protecting her sensitive skin from the sun.
Her go-to line? BabyGanics Cover-Up Baby Sun Care.
Jennifer Aniston13 of 16
She gets her glow from being newly engaged to Justin Theroux, but she keeps her skin youthful by swiping Vaseline under her eyes every night to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. How much petroleum jelly exactly? Apparently she uses a quarter of a teaspoon under each eye.
Evan Rachel Wood14 of 16
Evan confessed to Cosmo earlier this year that she uses olive-oil-based products in her beauty regimen. She said that she uses it to take off her makeup at night and then leaves it on as a moisturizer, which is great for her sensitive skin.
Jessica Alba15 of 16
In an interview, this actress and busy mom revealed that her lash curler is her best beauty friend: "You should always curl your lashes. I usually don't use mascara that much unless I'm looking really tired and puffy-eyed. I just curl my eyelashes and brush a little mascara on the tips."
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 12 Lies Men Tell Before Sex
Mariah Carey16 of 16
Mariah plumps up her pout the au naturel way: with mint extract, which she mixes into her gloss to get blood flowing to her lips.
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession