11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- Next1 of 12Courtesy of Laneige; Shiseido
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Laneige
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Shiseido
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Soko Glam
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Peach and Lily
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Missha
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Koh Gen Do
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Peach and Lily
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Peach and Lily
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Peach and Lily
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Soko Glam
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Missha
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
- Mother's Day Gift Guide 2014
Eastern Imports1 of 12
By Lisa Cohen Lee
Ever since BB creams exploded in the West, we've looked to Asia to find the next big thing in beauty. From next-generation BB cushions to scalp facial treatments, here are 11 imports to keep on your radar.
Just Cushy2 of 12
Korean brand Laneige has introduced BB cushions—sponges soaked in BB cream and packaged in compacts, available exclusively at Target. The easy-to-apply cushions contain hydrating mineral water and tinted brighteners, plus provide SPF 50 protection. Just pat them gently on your face to cover up flaws and even out skin tone.
SHOP NOW: Laneige BB cushion, $34, target.com
Gloss Over3 of 12
Shiseido's newest gloss not only delivers bold, long-lasting color (like this red hue, pictured left), it's also supposed to refine the texture of your lips. The skinny, tapered applicator actually bends along your lips while the brush fills in lines and smoothes out any unevenness.
SHOP NOW: Shiseido lacquer gloss in Lust, $25, sephora.com
Roll With It4 of 12
Here's a cute way to curl your hair: Etude House's strawberry rollers. They're unique because you use them only on dry hair, and since they're small and spongy, you can wear them while you sleep. Simply wind your strands a few times around each roller and tuck the ends under. You'll wake up to natural-looking waves—no curling iron needed.
SHOP NOW: Etude House strawberry sponge hair rollers, $6 for four, sokoglam.com
Line 'Em Up5 of 12
With Clio's liquid liner, creating the perfect cat-eye is easy. Unlike a straight pen or brush, the pistol-shaped handle is easy to grip and allows for razor-sharp precision. The brush itself is also supposed to be longer and firmer than most other liners, helping you achieve a more even, consistent line.
SHOP NOW: Clio Eyeguard waterproof liner, $23, peachandlily.com
Magic Trick6 of 12
A few drops of this formula by Korean brand Missha turns your favorite eyeshadow powder into a rich liquid eyeliner. It's made with moisturizing hyaluronic acid that's supposed to keep your eye area hydrated and help your makeup stay put.
SHOP NOW: Missha The Style Magic Eye Change, $6, misshaus.com
Get Cheeky7 of 12
Koh Gen Do's blush gives you natural-looking color with some added skincare benefits. The powder is formulated with emollient oils like shea butter and jojoba seed, which work to soften your skin and give you a subtle rosy glow.
SHOP NOW: Koh Gen Do Fresh Face cheek color, $41, barneys.com
Pump It Up8 of 12
Fiber formula mascaras, which are popular in Asia, work by adhering to your natural lashes and building on them to extend length and thickness. But Clio's version is known for holding a curl without clumping (unlike most other fiber mascaras). The brand's extra-flexible wand bends to lift lashes at the root.
SHOP NOW: Clio twist-up mascara, $23, peachandlily.com
Head Case9 of 12
The latest step in achieving healthy tresses? The scalp "facial." Designed for pre-shampoo use, Uka's version is rich in nourishing amino acids and antioxidants to protect your strands from the environment. The brand's formula gently washes away oil and dead skin cells, which allows you to start growing healthier, shinier hair.
SHOP NOW: Uka Deep & Light scalp treatment, $36, peachandlily.com
Eye to Eye10 of 12
Though most of us try to get rid of under-eye circles and puffiness, the trend in Korea right now is emphasize them, which supposedly gives your face a more youthful, wide-eyed look. To try it, use Mizon's creamy pencil to draw a line right under your eyes and gently blend. (Click here for a visual how-to.) Of course, if you don't want to emphasize puffy eyes, the pencil serves as a great creamy eyeliner and highlighter too.
SHOP NOW: Mizon Volume Up Lovely Stick, $19, peachandlily.com
Smooth Operator11 of 12
Skinfood's hair essence, designed for daily use, is a cross between a leave-in conditioner and a shine serum. The olive-oil-based formula coats frizzy, damaged strands, resulting in softer, smoother locks. Simply apply a few pumps to freshly shampooed and towel-dried hair.
SHOP NOW: Skinfood extra virgin olive oil hair essence, $9, sokoglam.com
Ready, Set, Go12 of 12
Makeup-setting sprays are slowly gaining popularity in the U.S., but in Asia, they're as common as lipstick. After applying makeup, you spritz the formula onto your face, where it forms a lightweight film that adheres to your makeup and is supposed to stop streaks and color loss for up to 12 hours. Missha's version is made with moisturizing botanical extracts and witch hazel to soothe and control oil production.
SHOP NOW: Missha Fitting Wear Makeup Mix, $13, misshaus.com
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession