The best hair in America 2013
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of ELLE
- The best hair in America 20137 Foods That Fight Aging
- How to Get Rid of Under-Eye Circles
- The 100 Best Salons in the Country
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- How to pick killer shadow for your eyes
- Runway-fresh: Hair & makeup for the fall
- 8 products to up your post-vacation glow
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
Cream of the Crop1 of 11
By Julie Schott for ELLE
America, we have a winner! ELLE polled the nation's top 100 hair salons to find the country's best celebrity hairstyles—and how to make them your own.
ON ELLE: The Top 100 Hair Salons in America
Best Pixie2 of 11
Since she went short for her Oscar-winning turn in Les Misérables, Anne Hathaway's cropped cut has inspired countless pixies. For an abbreviated haircut that still feels feminine, Hathaway’s hairstylist, Adir Abergel, maintains length and softness around the face. Michelle Williams' ethereal pixie came in second.
Best Bob3 of 11
When Julianne Hough swapped her flowing barrel waves for a modern, collarbone-grazing bob, she graduated to major-league hair-icon status. The secret to Hough's coveted cut? Her stylist, Riawna Capri, trims hair when it's dry. "With wet hair, it's difficult to see the texture, and the finish tends to be more blunt," Capri says. "A dry cut allows for a softer line." Nicole Richie's bob comes in a close runner-up.
Best Bangs4 of 11
While she may be growing them out now, Michelle Obama's blunt bangs inspired a wave of copycat cuts. "It's so versatile," says her stylist, Johnny Wright. "For fuller, thicker bangs, start a bit farther back on the crown. But if you want a wispier fringe, stay closer to the hairline." Coming in a close second for best bangs? Zooey Deschanel.
ON ELLE: 5 Ways To Wear Curly Hair
Best Long Layers5 of 11
Universally flattering long, layered hair never falls out of favor, so it's no surprise that this year's winner, Jennifer Lopez, has worn the look off and on since she was just Jenny from the Block. Runner-up Jessica Biel rarely strays from the timeless length either. "It's a very sexy style that works on almost everyone," says Lopez's stylist, Oribe.
Best Overall Color6 of 11
For the fourth consecutive year, Jennifer Aniston surf-chic blond wins for most-requested color—her signature spun-gold hue. The key to Aniston's believable Malibu Beach tone? Her longtime colorist Michael Canalé creates "paper-thin highlights that correct the skin tone," he says, for a "fresh look, even without makeup."
Best Color: Platinum7 of 11
Gwyneth Paltrow took the award for the most-requested super-light locks.
Best Color: Honey-Blond8 of 11
The adorable Emma Stone has the most-coveted golden-blond color.
Best Color: Ginger9 of 11
Zero Dark Thirty star Jessica Chastain rocks an absolutely perfect shade of red.
ON ELLE: 40 Iconic Redheads We Love
Best Color: Ombre10 of 11
Khloe Kardashian took the prize for the lighter-on-the-ends color combo.
Best Color: Cocoa11 of 11
Mila Kunis shows that brown does not have to be at all boring.