Tools of the Trade
- Next1 of 13Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 13Glo
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Too Faced
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Shu Uemura
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Tweezerman
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of Beauty Is Life
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Sprit Beauty Lounge
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of Liquid Palisade
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of Solano
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Amika
- Tools of the Trade9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Brushes, Files & Tweezers... Oh, My!1 of 13
By Zoe Schaeffer
As any pro will tell you, it's impossible to achieve a flawless look without the right tools. Here are the hair and makeup essentials the experts swear by.
A Good Foundation2 of 13
This new brush has become an instant favorite. Designed with a blend of artificial bristles, it's dense yet soft, with a slanted shape that lends itself to the natural contours of your face. Use it with either cream, liquid or powder formulas to get a smooth, even finish.
SHOP NOW: Shiseido Foundation Brush, $30
Spot On3 of 13
Although it's a foundation brush, the firm and dense bristles makes it our pick for concealing blemishes and under-eye circles. Unlike your fingers, a brush can get into grooves and cracks for even coverage.
SHOP NOW: MAC 190 Foundation Brush, $32
Triple Threat4 of 13
Ditch your foam-tipped applicators, which pick up too much pigment and make blending difficult. Instead, invest in this super-soft trio that let you line eyes and layer on shades.
SHOP NOW: Too Faced Shadow Brushes, $39
Tight Squeeze5 of 13
An industry favorite, this eyelash curler gives lashes a lift—without leaving a bend—so eyes immediately appear more open.
SHOP NOW: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $19
Don't Stray6 of 13
Makeup artists know that good tweezers are indispensable for removing rogue hairs effectively. With a slanted tip, this longtime favorite plucks out strays at the root.
SHOP NOW: Tweezerman Slant Tweezer, $20
Biggest Fan7 of 13
A fan-shaped brush is the perfect pick for last-minute prepping—it blends in excess powder and sweeps away fallen eye shadow, eliminating the dreaded "raccoon" effect.
SHOP NOW: Beauty Is Life Fan Brush; $70
Crystal Clear8 of 13
While more abrasive files can break and split fragile nails, this smooth crystal glass version is perfect for carefully shaping a perfect ten. It's gentle enough that you can file polished nails without harming them.
SHOP NOW: Priti Crystal Glass File, $11
Shine On9 of 13
The latest trend in nails is forgoing lacquer in favor of a natural look. These handy numbered buffers let you buff, polish and shine nails to perfection.
SHOP NOW: Sephora Collection Nail Buffers, $8 for 3
Polish Protection10 of 13
This innovative new product is described as painter's tape for your nails. It provides a protective barrier around on cuticles and surrounding skin that peels off once you're done applying polish. Use it on nails to create a flawless French manicure or your own original designs.
SHOP NOW: Liquid Palisade, $22
Well Heeled11 of 13
Put your best foot forward with the ultimate file. On one side, an intensive buffer tackles calluses, while the other gently smooths pads of the feet.
SHOP NOW: Deborah Lippmann Foot Fetish File, $38
Blow By Blow12 of 13
Even those committed to the natural look benefit from a top-notch hair dryer. This lightweight one, popular with hairstylists, combines ionic, ceramic and tourmaline technology for frizz-free, shiny hair.
Straight Talk13 of 13
This pro quality straightener comes from the same brand that made waves (in a good way) with its clip-free curling iron. Made with ceramic plates, the straightener is gentle on strands, smoothing hair in one stroke.
SHOP NOW: Amika Pulse Action Styler System, $99