Fabulous Royal Weddings
- Next1 of 24Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 24Anwar Hussein/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 24RABIH MOGHRABI/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 24Tim Graham/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 24Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 24Tim Graham/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 24STF/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 24Lalo Yasky/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 24All Over Press Sweden/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 24Pool/Corbis
- Previous Next11 of 24W. & D. Downey/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 24Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 24Pascal Le Segretain/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 24Corbis
- Previous Next15 of 24Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 24Corbis
- Previous Next17 of 24Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS
- Previous Next18 of 24Blue Lantern Studio/Corbis
- Previous Next19 of 24Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 24Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 24Popperfoto/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 24Topical Press Agency/Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 24Araldo de Luca/CORBIS
- Previous Next24 of 24Splash News
- Fabulous Royal Weddings9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
At Last!1 of 24
After years of speculation, Prince William and longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton are finally tying the knot and we couldn't be more excited for the happy couple. In honor of the royal nuptials, we're taking a look back at other memorable monarchical weddings.
Prince Charles & Lady Diana Spencer2 of 24
July 29, 1981: The wedding of William and Kate will likely be the biggest since his parents' ceremony, watched by millions and millions of people all over the world.
Rania & Prince Abdullah of Jordan3 of 24
June 16, 1993: Nowadays Queen Rania is probably one of the world's best known — and most stylish — royals.
ON BLTWY: Engagement Rings of the Political Elite
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie-Chantal Miller4 of 24
July 1, 1995: While her sisters Pia Getty and Alexandra von Furstenberg also married well, Marie-Chantal is the only Miller sister to marry official royalty.
FROM ELLE: JOE ZEE'S ROYAL TREATMENT
Prince Juan Carlos of Spain & Princess Sophia of Greece5 of 24
May 14, 1962: More than 150 members of Europe's royal families witnessed the wedding of the eldest daughter of the King of Greece and the future King of Spain.
Prince Frederik of Denmark & Mary Donaldson6 of 24
May 14, 2004: It's been reported that the Crown Prince of Denmark and the then-civilian Ms. Donaldson met at a pub in Sydney during the 2000 Summer Olympics.
Prince Rainier of Monaco & Grace Kelly7 of 24
April 19, 1956: In true fairy-tale fashion, movie star and fashion icon Grace Kelly married her Prince Charming in a ceremony that was broadcast across Europe.
Prince Felipe of Spain & Letizia Ortiz8 of 24
May 22, 2004: The Princess's wedding day ensemble included an ivory-colored gown with a 15-foot-long train and a platinum-and-diamond tiara which was worn at the nuptials of the groom's mother, Queen Sophia.
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden & Duke Daniel9 of 24
June 19, 2010: After their wedding, the couple was driven through Stockholm in a coach and then rowed in an antique royal barge to a banquet at the castle.
Princess Sayako of Japan & Yoshiki Kuroda10 of 24
November 15, 2005: After her wedding, the princess actually gave up her imperial title and left the Japanese Imperial Family, as required by law.
Princess Victoria & Viscount Lascelle11 of 24
January 1, 1922: This wedding was the first royal occasion in which Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later the Queen Mother), participated.
Duke & Duchess of Windsor12 of 24
June 3, 1937: American socialite Wallis Simpson lived a glamorous life that was the source of much fascination and speculated scandal, even after the Duke's death in 1972.
Tatiana Blatnik & Prince Nikolaos of Greece13 of 24
August 25, 2010: Before becoming a princess, Tatiana worked as an event planner for fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg.
Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson14 of 24
July 23, 1986: The day he married Fergie, Prince Andrew also became the Duke of York and she, of course, became the Duchess.
ON BLTWY: William & Kate Wedding Details
Marie Antoinette & Dauphin Louis-Auguste of France15 of 24
May 16, 1770: Marie Antoinette was officially handed over to her French bearers on May 7, 1770, and met her future husband one week later.
Margerita Gonzaga & Henry II, Duke of Lorraine16 of 24
April 24, 1606: This 17th century painting depicts the royal in a costume typical of the period, complete with a ruff, or wide collar, and embellished with pearls.
Queen Astrid & Belgian King Leopold III17 of 24
November 4, 1926: In 1935, the King and Queen were driving along Lake Lucerne when he lost control of the car, killing Astrid and her unborn child.
Guinevere & King Arthur18 of 24
6th Century: Arthur and Guinevere are mainly the stuff of myth and folklore — the most famous example of which is perhaps the legend of the sword Excalibur.
Napoléon & Joséphine19 of 24
March 9, 1796: Because she could not bear him a child, the couple divorced in 1810.
Henry VIII & Anne Boleyn20 of 24
January 25, 1533: Anne was Henry's second wife and the mother of future Queen Elizabeth I. She was famously beheaded in 1536.
Henry IV & Marie de Médici21 of 24
December 17, 1600: Talk about a power couple. The six offspring produced by Henry and Marie went on to rule many a country.
Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip22 of 24
November 20, 1947: The current ruling monarch of Britain now has another big wedding to plan for William and Kate.
Jupiter & Juno23 of 24
In this 16th century painting, the king of the gods places a ring on the finger of his queen.
Prince William and The Duchess of Cambridge24 of 24
April 29, 2011: It's official, Will and Kate have tied the knot. And an estimated 2 billion people worldwide were watching. Wishing them a happily ever after!
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession