- Next1 of 7Rob Kim / Retna Digital
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 7Courtesy of Aveda
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 7Courtesy of Bobbi Brown
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 7Courtesy of Origins
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 7Courtesy of Clinique
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 7Courtesy of LORAC
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 7Courtesy of Shu Uemura
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Enhance Your Tan1 of 7
Summer is finally here. Needless to say, we're excited for the beach and the barbecues — but also for a little switch-up in our beauty routine. When you have a (hopefully fake!) tan, you want to show it off in the best way possible. Here are some tips for making your hair and makeup complement (and enhance) that summer glow.
Hair Rx2 of 7
No one's going to notice your gorgeous tan if your hair looks stressed-out and damaged. Wear a hat when you're out in the sun, and use a leave-in conditioning treatment to add moisture to locks and calm frazzled ends.
SHOP NOW: Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair, $24
Eye Shine3 of 7
Summer is a great time to try lighter, shimmery shades of shadow (like light blue or green) that pop against darker skin. And we love cream formulas because they're so easy to apply quickly. Who wants to waste time in the bathroom when you could be outside?
SHOP NOW: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows, $22
Get Cheeky4 of 7
Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose likes to use products with peach or orange undertones on tan skin because they enhance your color without making you look overdone.
SHOP NOW: Origins Brush On Color in Bronzed Metal, $18.50
Glossed Over5 of 7
You should also look for lip products with peach undertones. A sheer gloss is a great option to add a little punch of shine, without the heaviness of a lipstick.
SHOP NOW: Clinique Superbalm in Apricot, $14
Bronze Goddess6 of 7
If your tan starts to fade unevenly or you're just dying for a little more color, get out your handy bronzer and a big brush. Blending is key here: Make sure there are no lines of demarcation around your neck ... the tell-tale sign of a fake glow.
SHOP NOW: LORAC TANtalizer Baked Bronzer, $32
Curl & Go7 of 7
The great thing about glowing, tan skin is that it makes your eyes stand out. If you must wear mascara, use only one coat of a waterproof formula. But we think you're better off just curling your lashes for a natural, eye-opening effect.
SHOP NOW: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $19
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession