Hilarious Outtakes From Fashion Week
- Next1 of 18Krizia Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 18Tracy Reese Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 18Temperley London Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 18Zac Posen Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 18Clements Ribeiro Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 18Gisele Bundchen: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 18Jeremy Scott Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 18Suno Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 18Blugirl Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 18Alexander Wang Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 18Gucci Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next12 of 18Lacoste Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next13 of 18Suno Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next14 of 18Anna Sui Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next15 of 18Ermanno Scervino Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next16 of 18Theyskens Theory Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next17 of 18From left: DSquared2 Fall 2012; Imaxtree & Emilio Pucci Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next18 of 18Jil Sander Fall 2012; Imaxtree
Picture Pefect1 of 18
By Shannan Rouss
If you think backstage at a fashion show is all fast-paced glamour and glitz with gorgeous models, famous VIPs, designer clothes and crowds of photographers, then you're right. But! There are also a lot of not-so glamorous moments. Find out what really goes on, as Glo takes you behind the "behind the scenes."
Signs of the Times2 of 18
Backstage is all about improvisation. And tape. Plenty of it. Models are directed where to go and which shoes to wear thanks to these last-minute postings.
It Takes a Village3 of 18
A swarm of hairstylists surrounds this model at Temperley London. At most shows, a lead hairstylist creates the look, and a team of hair pros helps realize it.
Hold It!4 of 18
The modern geisha look seen at Zac Posen required plenty of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Extra Hold Hairspray to keep every strand in place. (Luckily model Coco Rocha took cover.)
Lip Service5 of 18
Face charts are the template for a show's makeup. At Clement Ribeiro, head makeup artist Cassie Lomas (for Bourjois Paris) was the master behind the bright pink lip stain.
Lashing Out6 of 18
When Gisele Bundchen made a surprise appearance at the Alexander Wang show, the runway vet (she walked in her first show in 1996) took matters into her own hands and curled her lashes like a pro.
Great Lengths7 of 18
The surreal cartoon-like looks at Jeremy Scott required bags and bags (and bags) of colored extensions that were sewn through models' real braided hair and then cut into geometric crimped bobs.
Dressing for Success8 of 18
It's not that models can't dress themselves; they just don't—at least not during Fashion Week. Instead, dressers help girls (like New Zealand's Emily Baker, left) get runway-ready with clearly labeled looks that were selected during fittings the day before.
Color-Coordinated9 of 18
At Blugirl, pretty pastel accessories were kept clustered together so there would be no earmuff mix-ups between the models.
Girl Talk10 of 18
Hurry up and wait seems to be the motto backstage, where models spend a lot of time on their phones, reading (yes, as in actual books), or catching up with their fellow catwalkers.
Say Cheese!11 of 18
After hair and makeup, these models at Gucci hammed it up for the camera. (And you thought there'd be more cat-fighting and backstabbing?)
A Leg Up12 of 18
Spoken from experience: If you're of average height, then it doesn't matter how high your heels are—you'll always feel small and squat when surrounded by towering models. Even when they're sitting down.
Strike a Pose13 of 18
See? Models can be silly!
Looking Fierce14 of 18
More silliness ensued at Anna Sui.
Finishing Touches15 of 18
It's the big moment before the runway. But wait—an errant strand in her bun! There, got it.
Balancing Act16 of 18
If you had to walk in heels this high, then you'd wait till the last minute to put them on too.
If the Shoe Fits...17 of 18
Then wear it. If it doesn't? Then wear it anyway. Whether too big or too small, the show must go on.
No Pain, No Gain18 of 18
Thank goodness for clear band-aids.
NEXT GALLERY: Sneaky Beauty Tricks from Backstage
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession