- Next1 of 8Glo
- Previous Next2 of 8Ivan Lattuada/Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 8Ivan Lattuada/Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 8Daniele Oberrauch/Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 8Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 8Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 8Julien Hekiman/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 8Fred Duval/FilmMagic
- Dream Weavers9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Beauty_Braids_Dreamweavers_IntroCard1 of 8Dreamweavers intro card
Braid-y Bunch2 of 8
By Zoe Schaeffer
The braids of the moment are cool and very nonchalant. “This moment, everyone is asking for slightly undone braids because they look effortless,” says Los Angeles celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak.
Pretty Plait3 of 8
This latest incarnation was first spotted at Alexander Wang’s Spring 2010 show and has since been seen on celebrities and fashionistas alike. It’s side-swept and heavily tossed, with a beachy texture for a little dose of grit.
The Long Version4 of 8
The braid hopped the pond from New York to Paris, where a super-long version appeared at the Miu Miu Spring 2010 show. We're now thinking that extensions wouldn't be the worst idea.
Puffed Up5 of 8
Rachel McAdams was the first A-lister we spotted sporting the trend on the red carpet — not surprising since she was seated front row at the Alexander Wang show. But she made it her own with a dramatic pouf on top.
Short & Sweet6 of 8
Even shorter, finer hair like Kate Bosworth's works. Roszak says to tie a loose braid, leave a few inches at the bottom, and gently rake it all out with fingers. “The whole idea is to not look perfect. If some ends stick out, embrace it.”
Meant To Be Messy7 of 8
Nicole Richie loves to buck convention, ever so slightly, and takes the braid trend to a slightly grungier place. But it's still just as appropriate for a night out on the town.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: Hairdos & Don'ts
Fishtail Fun8 of 8
As the braid trend continues to evolve, we expect to see lots more of the "fishtail" style that Leona Lewis is wearing. It's slightly more complicated to execute, but how cool does it look?
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: Celebs' Wacky Hair Colors