- Next1 of 9Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9cornershopstudios/Retna Ltd
- Previous Next3 of 9Jacob Andrzejczak/Getty images
- Previous Next4 of 9RD/Bishop/Retna Digital
- Previous Next5 of 9Rob Kim/Retna Ltd
- Previous Next6 of 9Gina James/Retna Ltd
- Previous Next7 of 9Walter McBride/Retna Ltd
- Previous Next8 of 9Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 9Slaven Vlasic/WireImage
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
A Spot-On Trend1 of 9
Freckled faces complemented the vacation-ready skorts and cheery prints at Rachel Comey’s spring 2010 show, thanks to a healthy dabbing of eyebrow pencil along the cheeks and bridge of the nose. “I gave the girls freckles to create a fresh, youthful image,” says Miyako Okamoto, a Shiseido makeup artist. “If they already had freckles, I gave them more.”
A Spot-On Trend2 of 9
Inspired by summer camp, Okamoto layered “a lot of moisturizer and cream blush” underneath the dusting of freckles to “make the skin glow.” The final result: a look that gives fair fashionistas reason to rejoice.
A Spot-On Trend3 of 9
We first met model Cintia Dicker on a photo shoot when she was all of 12 and were instantly taken with her red hair and freckled face. We love that she's never tried to cover 'em up.
A Spot-On Trend4 of 9
It's pretty easy to see that freckles work well for Bar Rafaeli. Obvious fans: the casting directors at Sports Illustrated and Leonardo DiCaprio.
RELATED ON ELLE: Beauty Insider Gucci Westman
A Spot-On Trend5 of 9
Model-actress Lily Cole's alabaster skin with a splash of freckles is a breath of fresh air every time she struts down the runway or the red carpet, amidst a sea of tanned blondes.
RELATED ON ELLE: Marilyn Monroe Makeup
A Spot-On Trend6 of 9
Remember this Lindsay? We do, too. We loved watching that smiling, healthy, freckle-faced girl on the big screen.
RELATED ON GLO: Two-Tone Hair Hits Hollywood
A Spot-On Trend7 of 9
Seriously, how adorable is that splash of freckles across her nose and cheeks? We hope Lucy's makeup artists continue to let them shine through.
RELATED ON ELLE: Get A Virtual Makeover
A Spot-On Trend8 of 9
We remember the first time we saw supermodel Maggie Rizer on a magazine cover and thought no one could ever make fun of this redhead with freckles. We like to think of Maggie as a role model for the ginger-haired everywhere.
A Spot-On Trend9 of 9
Parks and Recreation star Rashida Jones is another one whose freckles just make her look young, fresh and approachable. All very good qualities in an actress ... and a person, for that matter.
- 10 beauty tips for getting photo-ready
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession