Isn't She Lovely
What Happens When The Most Beautiful Woman In The Room Isn't You
Suddenly, your gaze settles—not on a man, but on a woman who has just entered the restaurant. You imagine that everyone turns with you to gape at the phoenix who has just risen from the ashes of ordinary-looking people. She's tall. She's stunning. She's a goddamned Helen of Troy.
She takes off her coat revealing the kind of figure you know exists, but would prefer existed elsewhere or, at the very least, was balanced by a face less fortunate than hers—anything to even the field.
"I hate you," you think before you can stop yourself, and then divert your eyes to the menu, your drink, your phone—all to distract you from your jealousy. Just as you think the knot of envy has unfurled itself a little, you look up and see that Helen of Troy is standing directly in front of you. "Hey!" she says shyly to the table.
"Hey, Helen!" the friend sitting to your right exclaims. "I'm so happy you could make it!"
"Thanks for the invite." She stands there, seemingly oblivious to the What the hell? looks passing among the rest of you.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession