A few minutes of ugly for lasting pretty
- Next1 of 11Kelvin Murray/Getty Image
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Burt's Bees
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Renée Rouleau
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Amore Pacific
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Proactiv
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Indie Lee
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Joey New York
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Eau Thermale Avène
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Yes to Cucumbers
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Joanna Vargas
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of H2O+
- A few minutes of ugly for lasting pretty9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Glo Tested: Face Masks1 of 11
By Laura Vogel
Let's face it—pun intended—a woman looks a little silly when her skin is coated with green or gelatinous goop. But the payoff of a beauty mask can be substantial—plus who doesn't love the pampering ritual? We road-tested ten of the newest face masks available. Read on to find out what we loved most, and why.
Potent Hydrator2 of 11
Why it's unique: This moisturizing mask is made with probiotics ("good" bacteria that are said to help fight acne) and natural botanicals like clary sage (which helps retain moisture).
Tester's take: "It smelled delicious without being overpowering. I have combination skin, so sometimes super-moisturizing products are too heavy for my skin. Even though this was definitely a moisturizing product it didn't make me feel greasy at all."
SHOP NOW: Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask, $19
Calming Force3 of 11
Why it's unique: This gel-formula mask soothes red and irritated skin with oat-kernel and chamomile-flower extracts, which act as natural anti-inflammatories.
Tester's take: "It had a cooling effect that I really liked. I was sad when the ten minutes were up and it was time to wash it off. My skin felt softer and more hydrated. I have extremely dry skin and the benefits lasted a whole day."
SHOP NOW: Renée Rouleau Bio Calm Repair Masque, $50
Radiance Booster4 of 11
Why it's unique: This cloth mask is infused with natural ingredients such as bamboo sap (to boosts skin's moisture) and calming hyacinth-flower essence.
Tester's take: "I love cloth masks—they're not at all messy, and it was relaxing to have to let it sit for 30 minutes on my skin. Afterward, my face felt refreshed and radiant."
SHOP NOW: Amore Pacific Refreshing Mask, $90
Clean Sweeper5 of 11
Why it's unique: This new mask is designed to draw dirt and oil out of the skin and fight acne using a gently drying formula that includes sulfur.
Tester's take: "Though I don't have acne, I really loved this mask. It has a light, creamy texture. Afterwards, my pores looked smaller."
SHOP NOW: Proactiv+ Skin Purifying Mask, $12
Makes It Clear6 of 11
Why it's unique: This facial treatment contains salicylic acid to clear clogged pores and absorb excess oil, as well as seaweed extract (which is an anti-inflammatory).
Tester's take: "I must say, this product tingled a bit when first applied, but afterward, my skin felt incredibly soft and clear."
SHOP NOW: Indie Lee Clearing Mask, $65
Skin Softener7 of 11
Why it's unique: Young green coconut water (which contains antioxidants like vitamins A and D that help improve skin's condition) is a key ingredient in this mask. It's said to deliver a brighter complexion and the appearance of smaller pores.
Tester's take: "The consistency of this mask was very, very thick, almost like honey, but once it dried it became really easy to peel off. It definitely left my skin a lot softer."
SHOP NOW: Joey New York Quick Results Peel-Off Masque, $32
Deep Cleaner8 of 11
Why it's unique: All the products in this line include French thermal spring water (packed with sulfur, which dries skin and helps absorb dirt and oil). It also has alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids to exfoliate skin.
Tester's take: "This has a fresh, pleasant smell. It was easy to apply and dried very quickly. You only need to leave it on for five minutes, which is way less time than other masks. My skin felt moisturized, and I did notice fewer blackheads on my nose."
SHOP NOW: Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Masque, $16
Moisture Infuser9 of 11
Why it's unique: This new purifying mask has cucumber extract, said to combat puffiness and boost moisture. It also has Dead Sea minerals to clear pores and absorb oil.
Tester's take: "The fragrance was light, pleasing and fruity. I also liked that I only needed to leave it on for five minutes. Afterwards, my skin appeared smoother and brighter."
SHOP NOW: Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask, $15
Deep Exfoliatior10 of 11
Why it's unique: This formula can be used as a quick scrub, a 15-minute mask, or an overnight treatment. It contains vitamin-C-packed fruit enzymes to brighten skin and kaolin clay to draw out dirt and oil.
Tester's take: "I absolutely loved this product. It smells amazing—like a luxe spa. I have very oily skin, and it delivered a smooth, brightened and matte complexion that lasted for days. I'll definitely add it to my skincare routine."
SHOP NOW: Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask, $75
Bold Brightener11 of 11
Why it's unique: This mask uses unusual Asian botanicals like sophora root (which is said to block melanin production) and mulberry (said to brighten skin). The result? A milkier complexion.
Tester's take: "This mask smells really citrus-y and fresh. It dries rapidly and feels like it gives a deep clean. It left my skin very soft and more even-toned."
SHOP NOW: H20+ Waterwhite Advanced Brightening Mask, $40
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession