Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- Next1 of 12DreamPictures/Shannon Faulk/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of L'Oreal Paris
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Supergoop!
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Elizabeth Arden
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Drunk Elephant
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Coola
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Aubrey
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Paula's Choice
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Neova
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of MDSolarSciences
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of HydroPeptide
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Shiseido
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
- Mother's Day Gift Guide 2014
Burn Notice1 of 12
By Tiffany Tse
Looking for a great non-streak sunscreen to protect against those harsh UV rays? We had testers slather and spritz on the latest offerings and narrowed down our favorites. Here, 11 "glowing" reviews for all your sunscreen needs.
Makes Scents2 of 12
The promise: L'Oréal Paris's new alcohol-free spray goes on like a silky lotion, and doesn't come with that overpowering sunscreen smell.
Tester's take: "The spray makes it easy to apply to hard-to-reach areas. It felt weightless and melted almost instantly into my skin."
SHOP NOW: L'Oréal Paris quick dry sheer finish spray SPF 50+, $10, target.com
Glow On3 of 12
The promise: The argan and meadowfoam oils in Supergoop!'s sunscreen are supposed to reinforce your skin's natural lipid barrier, helping to keep it soft and moisturized.
Tester's take: "Even though I was applying an oil to my skin, it never felt greasy. The formula made my skin feel supple, and gave it a healthy glow."
SHOP NOW: Supergoop! sun-defying sunscreen oil SPF 50, $26, sephora.com
Soft Spot4 of 12
The promise: Elizabeth Arden's tinted sunscreen, designed for the face, neck and décolletage, contains antioxidants to protect against free radicals.
Tester's take: "After using this product for a week, I found it made my skin feel very moisturized and soft. The tint doesn't provide a lot of coverage though, so you may still want to wear foundation or concealer."
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth Arden Rx triple protection factor sunscreen SPF 50+, price varies, elizabethardenrx.com
Shine On5 of 12
The promise: Drunk Elephant's version is formulated without any chemical sunscreens. Instead, the brand uses ingredients like marula and raspberry seed oil, designed to heal and protect skin from damage.
Tester's take: "As instructed on the box, I only used this sunscreen on my face, neck and hands. The scent was light and pleasant. It made my skin sparkle a little—I didn't mind it, but I could see how others might."
SHOP NOW: Drunk Elephant Umbra sheer physical defense SPF 30, $42, anthropologie.com
Spray Away6 of 12
The promise: Coola's aerosol sunscreen contains organic ingredients like aloe, cucumber and algae to soothe and nourish dry skin.
Tester's take: "There's an alcohol scent when you first spray this on, but once it's dry, the sunscreen has a very subtle smell that I liked. Because it's sheer, it's a little tricky to see where you've applied it. Luckily, the continuous spray makes it easy to layer on the protection."
SHOP NOW: Coola sport unscented sunscreen spray SPF 30, $32, jcrew.com
Island Time7 of 12
The promise: Aubrey's sunscreen is made with macadamia and kukui nut oils, which are rich in essential fatty acids designed to soften skin and seal in moisture.
Tester's take: "I liked the tropical scent, which wasn't overbearing. It's important to note that the formula's consistency is super-thick. I had to make sure I rubbed it in well, so it wouldn't leave white streaks on my skin."
SHOP NOW: Aubrey active lifestyles sunscreen SPF 30+, $16, drugstore.com
Matte About You8 of 12
The promise: Paula's Choice sunscreen for face and body has a smooth matte finish, making it easy to wear under makeup.
Tester's take: "Definitely one of my favorite sunscreens I've ever used in terms of consistency. It's not too high in viscosity, so it goes on smoothly and sort of evaporates into your skin, yet it's not at all watery."
SHOP NOW: Paula's Choice extra care non-greasy sunscreen SPF 30, $14, paulaschoice.com
Take Cover9 of 12
The promise: Neova's tinted sunscreen aims to cover up blemishes and unevenness, while the formula's citric acid is supposed to exfoliate dead skin and reduce the appearance of age spots.
Tester's take: "I love this product. It's lightweight and perfectly blends into my skin. It's also tinted, so it's easy to see where you've applied it, while providing a slight hint of coverage."
SHOP NOW: Neova DNA damage control sunscreen SPF 40, $45, neova.com
Sensitive Issue10 of 12
The promise: MDSolarSciences sunscreen is supposed to be sensitive enough to use on acne and rosacea-prone skin.
Tester's take: "The sunscreen is fragrance-free, which is great if you're sensitive to smells. Even though it was thick, it didn't make my skin feel greasy or sticky like other sunscreens have."
SHOP NOW: MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $30, mdsolarsciences.com
Smooth Moves11 of 12
The promise: HydroPeptide's formula is supposed to shield your skin from the sun and fight wrinkles, thanks to moisturizing hyaluronic acid and antioxidants like acai berry and aloe that help counteract free radical damage.
Tester's take: "This sunscreen smells great, and it's non-greasy and absorbent. After applying it, I immediately noticed how smooth my skin felt."
SHOP NOW: HydroPeptide solar defense broad spectrum SPF 30, $44, nordstrom.com
Easy Does It12 of 12
The promise: Shiseido's spray makes it easy for you to apply their water-resistant sunscreen over large areas of skin.
Tester's take: "People who want the convenience of a face and body spray but don't like aerosol products will probably love this sunscreen. It feels super-luxurious, with a subtle scent and lightweight formula that blends into skin almost immediately."
SHOP NOW: Shiseido ultimate sun protection spray SPF 50+ for face/body, $36, sephora.com