Great expectations: the truth about cosmetic dermatology
How well do in-office treatments work for erasing wrinkles, smoothing under-eye circles and reducing cellulite? Top editors bring you the scoop
Procedure: Lip Filler
What it is: Injections of hyaluronic acid (Restylane and Juvéderm are our favorites) give upper and lower lips an instantly plumper pout.
The cost: Approximately $600–1,000 once or twice a year; lips will be puffy for the first 24 hours, but bruising is minimal.
Editor's take: "Easy, but a bit more painful than I expected. I love that my lips now don't disappear when I smile. They look like I was born with them, not artificial or Lohan-esque."
Insider intel: "After the swelling went down, I had to go back and get it tweaked a bit more for symmetry. Definitely ask for numbing cream."
Faking it: Line lips with a pencil the same shade as your natural lip color. Trace just outside the contour of lips. Top with a light-hue gloss.
ON ELLE: See the Most-Wanted Celebrity Lips
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession