14 stunning holiday hair accessories
- Next1 of 15Tory Burch F/W 2012: Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 15Courtesy of Mapleton Drive/Etsy
- Previous Next3 of 15Courtesy of K for Kani/Etsy
- Previous Next4 of 15Courtesy of Jennifer Behr
- Previous Next5 of 15Courtesy of Artsy Intuition/Etsy
- Previous Next6 of 15Courtesy of Jane Tran
- Previous Next7 of 15Courtesy of Grace Lee Designs
- Previous Next8 of 15Courtesy of Jennifer Oulette
- Previous Next9 of 15Courtesy of Jennifer Behr
- Previous Next10 of 15Courtesy of Ban.do
- Previous Next11 of 15Courtesy of Goody
- Previous Next12 of 15Courtesy of Ban.do
- Previous Next13 of 15Courtesy of Jennifer Ouellette
- Previous Next14 of 15Courtesy of Goody
- Previous Next15 of 15Courtesy of Sweet Ideas by Janet/Etsy
- 14 stunning holiday hair accessories9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Season's Gleamings1 of 15
By Zoe Schaeffer
There is no better time than the holidays to test-drive the prettiest hair looks from the runway. Whether you prefer a pearl-embellished elastic or glamorous crystal clips, these fashionable finds will help you create a fun and festive 'do.
Pearl of Wisdom2 of 15
Chanel's spring show was peppered with singular pearls that secured low loose knots. Try one in the form of an elastic and twist it around ponies for your very own spin on the ladylike 'do.
SHOP NOW: Mapleton Drive Pearl Ponytail Holder, $20 each
Floral Delivery3 of 15
A dose of spring can freshen up any holiday look. At Rochas's spring show, oversize blooms were fastened underneath super-wide hair bands. For a similar effect, twist this floral wreath around so that the flowers decorate the back of your head.
SHOP NOW: K for Kani Rose Crown Hair Wreath, $39
Crown Jewel4 of 15
Uptown chignons were imperfectly undone at Tory Burch's fall show. Jeweled clips were strewn about the hair for a glitzy but disheveled 'do. The look is easy to re-create using mother-of-pearl or crystal barrettes, combs or bobby pins.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Behr Crystal Willow Leaf Barrette, $198
Zip It5 of 15
Bombshell waves were tempered with edgy "unzipped" headbands at Erin Fetherston's spring show. Since strands were tucked into the open zipper, the look was perfectly pretty but not too sweet—excellent for the party circuit.
SHOP NOW: Artsy Intuition Repurposed Zipper Headband, $12
Fasten Up6 of 15
For No. 21's fall show, Allesandra Dell'Aqua haphazardly placed vintage-inspired barrettes on models' tousled waves for an unexpected dose of glamour. For a more party-ready look, sweep one side of your hair back with a similar sparkly clip. ?
SHOP NOW: Tran Crystal Medallion Bobby Pin, $39
Making Waves7 of 15
Sleek bobby pins were also used as a major accent at Thakoon's spring show—but in a much more understated way. Assembled at the back of the head, they looked subtly pretty and kept crimped waves in place. For this year's holiday events, add some that shine.
SHOP NOW: Grace Lee Solid 14K Gold Bobbi Pins, $185 each
Wrap It Up8 of 15
A colorful headscarf is both chic and timeless. At the Marc by Marc Jacobs spring show, heads were colorfully wrapped in bold prints and cheerful hues. And achieving the look is actually rather simple—if you aren't confident in your scarf-wrapping skills, try a turban-style headband.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Ouellette Two of a Kind Ikat Turbans, $78 for two
With the Band9 of 15
Dolce & Gabbana's fall show was ever so fanciful with chunky jeweled headbands that embellished the entire crown. For the ultimate party look, try this daintier version.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Behr Edwardian Velvet and Crystal Bandeau, $350
Getting Pinned10 of 15
No longer reserved for keeping flyaways at bay, bobby pins have become bold, front-and-center hair accessories in recent seasons. At Cacherel's fall show, pins in colors like crimson and baby blue were stacked together. Re-create this look with your own colors of choice—the bolder, the better.
SHOP NOW: Ban.Do Flash Bobbi Set, $10
Good as Gold11 of 15
For his final show, Nicolas Ghesquiere sent models down Balenciaga's runway with one last space-age look: a skinny gold headband worn at the back of the head. Futuristic fashionistas can wear their own metallic bands in reverse for a similar feel.
SHOP NOW: Goody Fashion Now Thin Glitter Headbands, $5
Starry Night12 of 15
These cosmic, star-cluster barrettes gained a cult following the instant they were sent down Rodarte's fall runway. And since obsession-worthy items can come with a hefty price tag (the designers' version cost $600!) try emulating this look with similar star combs that add the same romantic effect for considerably less.
SHOP NOW: Ban.Do Drinking the Stars Comb, $55
Pretty Pony13 of 15
Sleek hair was pushed into pin-straight ponies with structured ribbon at Etro's spring show, creating a sophisticated-but-youthful look. Choose grosgrain when creating this look—it's sturdy enough to become part of the hairstyle's design element.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Ouellette Metallic Elastic with Solid Color Bind, $27
Bright Star14 of 15
Sure, pastels are pretty for spring but they make a real statement during the chillier months. At Fendi's spring show, headbands in a range of the collection's pastels kept sharp updos slicked into place. It may inspire you to your their own version with a body-conscious holiday dress.
SHOP NOW: Goody Classics Shoestring Headbands, $5
It's a Tie15 of 15
Luxe, gift-wrap-worthy ribbons fastened messy ponytails at the Giles fall show. Though the style was decidedly unpolished, the ribbons themselves—in cream, black and burnt shades—matched models' hair shades. Choose a super-thick ribbon in a hue that shows off your locks.