Hot Summer Nail Shades
- Next1 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Hard Candy
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Essie
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of OPI
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 9Courtesy of Lancôme
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of Maybelline
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of MAC
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Essie
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9Courtesy of Chanel
- Hot Summer Nail Shades9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Perfect Polish1 of 9
By Abby Gardner
We love summer for many reasons. One of the biggest? We finally can get really playful with our nails. This season's polish shades do not disappoint — with everything from green to hot pink to the purple everyone will be wearing very, very soon.
Sunshine Daydream2 of 9
Even if this bright shade feels like too much for your fingers, try it to make your toes pop.
SHOP NOW: Hard Candy Just Nails Nail Polish in Yellow, $5
New Neutral3 of 9
We think this pale purple gives an updated twist to the greige trend from spring. And you'll never feel out of place at the office in this shade.
SHOP NOW: Essie Nail Polish in Miss Matched, $8
Pastel Perfection4 of 9
Pale blues are back, ladies — from this OPI shade to Chanel's resort runway. We think it's light and playful, without being the least bit tacky.
SHOP NOW: OPI Nail Lacquer in What's with the Cattitude?, $8
Pop Art5 of 9
Hot pink is a summer nail polish staple, as far as we're concerned. It goes in the beauty classics category with red lips and smoky eyes — timeless and chic.
SHOP NOW: Lancôme Le Vernis Divine in Miss Perfectly Pink, $18
Blue Jean Baby6 of 9
Perhaps pastels aren't really your bag, so why not try a deeper shade of blue? There's no rule that states warm weather polish has to be light and bright.
SHOP NOW: Maybelline Express Finish Nail Polish in Denim Dash, $3
The Dark Side7 of 9
Even darker still is this MAC polish from its collaboration with clothing line Alice + Olivia. We love that it's moody, but not sullen (which, frankly, could describe us some days).
SHOP NOW: MAC Nail Lacquer in Military, $12 (available July 8)
Green Thumb8 of 9
Stay with us here — we're guessing that grass-green probably isn't your go-to color for beauty products. But your manis and pedis are all about experimenting, and this shade just screams outdoor fun to us.
SHOP NOW: Essie Nail Polish in Pretty Edgy, $8
ON ELLE: More Summer Nail Trends
The Next Big Thing9 of 9
When Chanel unveils a new polish, the world pays attention and then buys up every bottle. (Their early summer shades are already on eBay!) Well, this is their latest creation to be released in July. We suggest getting in line now.
SHOP NOW: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color in Paradoxal, $23
- The 20 top celeb-inspired wedding hairdos
- TV Shows That Were Ahead of Their Time
- Bespoke clutches develop a cult-like following
- Fashion Tricks Everyone Should Master
- 12 Ways to Upgrade a Dorm Room
- How to End a Friendship With Class
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession