How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- Next1 of 9Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Tria
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Hair2Wear
- Previous Next7 of 9Peter Dazeley/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Suave Professionals
- Previous Next9 of 9David Becker/WireImage
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Fab 40s1 of 9
By Paige Brettingen
As co-host of The View, a blogger and mom to an 11-year-old, Jenny McCarthy seems to have perfected the juggling act while looking flawless—and nowhere close to her 41 years. Here, she shares the beauty secrets that help keep her looking young.
Eye to Eye2 of 9
Immediately after her morning shower, McCarthy applies EYES by ToGoSpa gel masks and lets them sit until she's finished blow-drying her hair. Besides providing a gentle wake-up for her skin, "They really help with puffiness and wrinkles," she says.
SHOP NOW: EYES by ToGoSpa gel masks, $25 for 6 pairs, amazon.com
Less Is More3 of 9
"Moisture really makes a difference in your beauty regimen," she says. To keep her skin looking dewy and fresh, McCarthy applies less powder and moisturizes every a.m. using Laura Mercier's tinted version, which comes with SPF 20.
SHOP NOW: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, $43, sephora.com
Lip Service4 of 9
In fact, tinted moisturizer is one of McCarthy's few essentials for hectic mornings. "Put it on, throw on a hat and put on a little lip gloss. To me, that's the 30-second makeover," she says. (To get a pout like McCarthy, we suggest Josie Maran's gloss, which contains an ingredient that stimulates collagen and plumps up your lips.)
SHOP NOW: Josie Maran natural volume lip gloss in Precious, $20, sephora.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Laser Focus5 of 9
"When I moved to L.A., Vanna White told me to get laser hair removal. She said, 'You never know when you'll be hired for work, so you want to stay ready.'" McCarthy now swears by Tria's laser hair removal system (she's also their spokesperson). She's tried expensive, in-office treatments in the past, but now relies on Tria's device, the first at-home system cleared by the FDA. According to the brand's studies, it reduces up to 70 percent of hair three weeks after your second treatment.
SHOP NOW: Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x, $449, sephora.com
Mane Thing6 of 9
To get full hair fast, McCarthy says to experiment with hair extensions. "Try them pre-curled, pre-straightened. They're just so easy and look so good," she says. We suggest Hair2Wear's clip-in hair extensions, which come in 11 different colors in a loose wave texture designed to add volume to your existing locks.
SHOP NOW: Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley Collection 16-inch hair extension, $49, hair2wear.com
Smooth Moves7 of 9
Unlike some celebs, McCarthy isn't shy about copping to Botox. The areas she targets are the crow's feet around her eyes and the lines on her forehead. The one treatment she's avoided so far? Lip fillers. "I've never really been into the duck lip look, but I can understand if you're 90 and are missing any type of padding," she says.
Glow Away8 of 9
When she's braving winter in Chicago, where she lives for part of the year, McCarthy indulges in the occasional spray tan. "It just makes me feel better," she says. "When you feel like you've packed on a little winter weight, a light spray tan can go a long way to make you look vibrant." If you can't get to a tanning salon, try a moisturizing self-tanning lotion. Our pick? Suave Professionals gradual tanner.
SHOP NOW: Suave Professionals visible glow gradual self-tanner, $7, drugstore.com
In the Family9 of 9
When she needs to get red-carpet ready, McCarthy turns to the same makeup artist she's had for the past 17 years: sister Joanne McCarthy, makeup artist for Dancing With the Stars. Most of the makeup she uses is from her sister's own line, which isn't available yet. "I'm sure she will be letting the world know when it's ready," McCarthy says.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook