Hump Day Happy Hour
Enjoy A Twist On An All-American FavoriteBy Julie Fishman
Kick off the unofficial start of summer with a long weekend of celebrating the red, white and blue. Of course, be sure to take the time to toast our troops with an adult version of a classic kids' concoction: “Grown Up Cherry Coke.” Just as refreshing and classic as the original, this drink pairs perfectly with picnics, fireworks and the Indianapolis 500.
Made for Glo by beverage director Peter Birmingham, “Grown Up Cherry Coke” is a quick and easy cocktail that will have you reminiscing about the bygone days.
1 oz. cherry liqueur (Birmingham recommends Maraska Croatian Cherry Appertif)
1 griottes cherry
Fill Collins glass with ice, add the cherry liqueur, top with Coca-Cola. Add a straw and garnish with the griottes cherry; serve immediately.
Peter Birmingham is the general manager of Hatfield's, located in Los Angeles.
Toast the troops with an adult-version of a refreshing favorite.Thinkstock
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession