Sorry, Chic Ain't Effortless
How Putting in Extra Grooming Time Helped This New Mom Look Fabulous
Which brings me back to those bangs. My Los Angeles-based hairstylist Kim Elliott recently convinced me to say "I do" to the fringe. "If your front lawn isn't manicured, your house isn't inviting," said the perpetually upbeat and talented stylist. With that, she snipped a brunette curtain that ends just above my eyebrows. And the response has been a slew of nods and compliments. People tell me I look younger and more stylish.
But know this: I do have to reprimand my bangs every morning for about eight minutes. It takes that amount of time to dampen them with a spritz of water and then blow-dry them straight with a large round brush. In those 480 seconds, however, I transform myself from 40-something frazzled mom to a poised and polished woman of a certain age.
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession