Keep your cool
From clinical-strength antiperspirants to Botox, how to stay dry this summer
- Getty Images
If this summer's triple-digit heat waves have you doing the sniff-check way more than usual, then it's probably time to up the ante on your daily swipe of deodorant. Yet deciding what's best for you—stronger antiperspirants, deodorants or medical interventions—can have you can working up a sweat. Relax. Whether you get mildly damp or seriously wet, Glo has everything you need to know about traditional antiperspirant and deodorant formulas, natural remedies and dermatological treatments.
Sure, perspiration is annoying and sometimes embarrassing, but it's an essential bodily function. "Think of it as air conditioning for the nervous system. Every time you perspire, it cools down your internal body temperature," says Beth Ricanati, M.D., a Los Angeles internist.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession