Keep your cool
From clinical-strength antiperspirants to Botox, how to stay dry this summer
In addition to aluminum to stop sweating, some antiperspirants also contain scents—antiperspirant-deodorant hybrids—to add a fresh smell. "A pure deodorant formula has no aluminum, so it only masks the odor," says Hulette.
There are three popular antiperspirant forms—an invisible solid, clear gel and soft solid—offering different benefits. If you're a light to moderate sweater, then it's best to stick to an invisible solid. One swipe wicks away wetness and keeps you smelling sweet for at least 24 hours with no telltale white marks. Try Secret Outlast & Olay Antiperspirant/Deodorant Smooth Solid with odor-absorbing technology that works up to 48 hours.
If you're looking for extra odor protection, then choose a gel. The formula contains alcohol, which evaporates instantly, sopping up sweat and stinky bacteria as it dries. Try Almay Clear Gel Antiperspirant & Deodorant.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession