Keep your cool
From clinical-strength antiperspirants to Botox, how to stay dry this summer
In addition to aluminum to stop sweating, some antiperspirants also contain scents—antiperspirant-deodorant hybrids—to add a fresh smell. "A pure deodorant formula has no aluminum, so it only masks the odor," says Hulette.
There are three popular antiperspirant forms—an invisible solid, clear gel and soft solid—offering different benefits. If you're a light to moderate sweater, then it's best to stick to an invisible solid. One swipe wicks away wetness and keeps you smelling sweet for at least 24 hours with no telltale white marks. Try Secret Outlast & Olay Antiperspirant/Deodorant Smooth Solid with odor-absorbing technology that works up to 48 hours.
If you're looking for extra odor protection, then choose a gel. The formula contains alcohol, which evaporates instantly, sopping up sweat and stinky bacteria as it dries. Try Almay Clear Gel Antiperspirant & Deodorant.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession