Last Call: 10 Must-Try Summer Beauty Trends
- Next1 of 10Anika Noni: Mike Coppola/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 10Lauren Conrad: Jonathan Leibson/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 10Blake Lively: Jen Lowery / Splash News
- Previous Next4 of 10Kim Kardashian: Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 10Malena Costa: Robert Marquardt/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 10Elisa Sednaoui: Jason Merritt/Getty Images for MIU MIU
- Previous Next7 of 10Emma Stone: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 10Taylor Swift: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Cameron Diaz: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Gwyneth Paltrow: WeirPhotos/SplashNews
Flower Power1 of 10
By Zoe Schaeffer
It's Labor Day Weekend—one of your last chances to try out these 10 summer beauty trends before the leaves start changing. Get 'em while it's hot!
When using a fresh flower as a hair accessory, make it organic by choosing one from your surroundings, says Olson. If you're looking for a bud for a special occasion, then opt for sturdy florals such as orchids or daisies, which grow year-round and can be worn into fall.
Sunny Side2 of 10
"Using the balayage technique below the crown creates an organic look," says Warren-Tricomi colorist Kaz Amor of Lauren Conrad's bleached-out ends. For fall, he suggests adding warmer tones and making ends one or two shades darker.
Twinkle, Twinkle3 of 10
For sparkly shadow like Blake Lively's, Jemma Kidd, creator Jemma Kidd Beauty, recommends blending a shimmery cream shadow toward your socket line. "Then elongate the eyes by blending a deeper shade to the outer corners," she says. If you want an allover ethereal feel, apply a cream highlighter to cheekbones. Come fall, consider a similar look with more bronze and coppery tones.
Orange You Glad?4 of 10
Bright orange nails have been all the rage during beach months. If you want to carry the trend into fall, then choose a hue with more earthy undertones. (We like Essie in Meet Me at Sunset, $8.)
Dream Weaver5 of 10
A chunky side braid is a very Grecian-inspired summer vacation look, says Whitney Olson of Warren-Tricomi. "Blow out hair upside-down for maximum volume," she suggests. "Pull the hair to the side, braid it down from the nape of the neck and pull a few pieces out around the face." To dress it up for fall, wrap and pin the braid into a pretty side chignon.
Ride The Wave6 of 10
Salt-water waves are a markedly summery look because of the way they're distinctly tousled and separated. First, add a little volumizer at the roots of damp hair and let it air dry, says Olson. "Use a large barrel iron on select pieces and then spray it with a sea spray to give it that just-out-of-the-ocean feel," she adds. Long, messy bangs will give it more of an edge for fall.
Think Pink7 of 10
Hot pink lips have been one of Hollywood's hottest trends this season. Here's how to make it work: "Lip primer will create an even base to ensure that the lip color doesn't become diluted," says Kidd. To keep color in place, line lips with a transparent pencil, and then apply your pink of choice.
MORE ON GLO: See more stars with pink puckers
Pretty Pastels8 of 10
Kidd says that pastel shadows are best worn as washes of color across the lid, with softly blended edges and no hard lines. Individual lashes on the corners will accentuate and open the eyes.
Sun-Kissed Skin9 of 10
The secret to getting a back-from-the-beach glow is in the brush. "Apply a shimmery powder with a natural-haired fluffy brush," says Kidd. You'll get lightweight, even color that you can build up as needed.
Pony Up10 of 10
For a laid-back ponytail, toss the brush and use your fingers instead. "Keep the sides tight and gently pull hair on the top of your head out ever so slightly to create a little extra height," Olson says. Fall calls for a bit more polish, so use a soft-bristled brush to smooth out bumps.
MORE ON GLO: Find your fragrance inspiration
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession