9 Trends to Try Before Summer's Over
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 10Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Michael Tran/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 10Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 10Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 10Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 10Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Fight Night
- Previous Next10 of 10Mike Marsland/WireImage
- 9 Trends to Try Before Summer's Over9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Last Call1 of 10
By Zoe Schaeffer
With less than three weeks until the official end of summer, there's just enough time to try out a few bold, beachy looks before fall arrives. Whether it's a neon lip or a cute topknot, you can turn up the heat with these nine fun-in-the-sun trends.
Top That2 of 10
Kerry Washington's on to something: A twisty topknot is effortlessly stylish and keeps hair from sticking to your neck in the heat. Get the ultimate summer updo with Oscar Blandi's styling pin.
GET THE LOOK: Oscar Blandi Pronto Styling Pin, $12
Ocean's Ten3 of 10
When's the last time you spotted someone rocking an ocean blue manicure in the dead of winter? Probably never. Nail this look, as worn by Zooey Deschanel, before it's too late, with Deborah Lippman's shimmery cerulean polish.
GET THE LOOK: Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Mermaid's Eyes, $19
Think Pink4 of 10
While deeper gem tones are more appropriate for fall, Rose Byrne's neon lip screams summer. Opt for Ilia Beauty's vibrant pink shade, which has subtle blue undertones that flatter most complexions.
GET THE LOOK: Ilia Beauty Lipstick in Neon Angel, $24
Wing It5 of 10
Lauren Conrad's slightly winged eye has been a popular summer look that you can actually carry into fall. Master it now with Laura Geller's liquid liner trio. The kit's three markers come with different tips—slanted, classic and fine—for creating a variety of winged eye looks.
GET THE LOOK: Laura Geller Beauty Eye Calligraphy Liquid Liner Trio, $28
Blue Crush6 of 10
Even if you didn't make it to Santorini this summer (don’t worry, we didn't either), you can still channel those Mediterranean blues (à la Heidi Klum) with Shiseido's vibrant eye shadow palette.
GET THE LOOK: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Punky Blues, $34
Golden Girl7 of 10
Even if you were stuck at the office all summer, you can still get Minka Kelly's just-back-from-vacation glow. Apply Vincent Longo's shimmery bronze stick to the apples of your cheeks and blend carefully.
GET THE LOOK: Vincent Longo Hydro Stick in Gold Solare, $17
Lash Out8 of 10
Summer is the season to experiment with bold, playful makeup. At the top of our must-try list? Lea Michele’s dusky purple lashes. Give yours a pop of color with Make Up For Ever’s plum mascara, which comes with an extra dense brush that fully coats every lash.
GET THE LOOK: Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash in Plum, $23
Grin & Bare It9 of 10
A nude mouth like Jennifer Lopez's actually requires a lot of care—you want to make sure lips are hydrated to prevent a cracked, chapped look. Before applying a neutral lipstick, dab on a coat of Hourglass's botanical-packed, hydrating oil to ensure a smooth, flake-free surface.
GET THE LOOK: Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil, $55
Girl Band10 of 10
Kirsten Dunst's jeweled headband is the perfect way to keep sun-streaked hair in place before the humidity dies down. For a similar look, try L. Erickson's crystal headpiece, which is understated enough to wear during the day.
GET THE LOOK: L. Erickson Bliss Jeweled Headband, $54