8 Beauty Breakthroughs You've Never Heard Of
- Next1 of 9Ralph Lauren Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Foreo
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Babyliss
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Etienne Raff
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of YouVeeShield
- Previous Next6 of 9Stephen Wallis/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of LumaVera
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of My Amazing Blow Dry Secret
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Striplac
- 8 Beauty Breakthroughs You've Never Heard Of9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Sneak Peek1 of 9
By Lisa Cohen Lee
Hundreds of innovative products, techniques and treatments debuted at the International Beauty Show in New York City this spring. We rounded up eight of the biggest beauty game-changers available now—or coming soon.
Brush with Greatness2 of 9
The Foreo Luna is a new two-sided facial brush that uses easy-to-clean soft silicone, instead of nylon fiber bristles, as well as vibrations to cleanse skin and reduce lines. One side features rounded points for clearing pores and exfoliating; on the reverse side, you'll find a series of silicone waves which, when rubbed gently against skin, are supposed to help gradually smooth away wrinkles.
SHOP NOW: Foreo Luna, $199, sephora.com
Curl Power3 of 9
This new one-touch curling tool is something Judy Jetson would have used. You simply place a section of hair in the machine and hold it for a few seconds to get a perfect curl. The secret? A brushless motor that gently pulls, heats and holds hair in the chamber (you can customize preferences like the direction of the curl beforehand).
SHOP NOW: BabylissPro Miracurl professional curl machine, $200, folica.com
Dragon Lady4 of 9
This serum from Etienne Raff boasts dragon's blood (a mystical-sounding name for a South American tree resin), and according to the brand, it's supposed to be 50 times more potent than vitamin E. The formula's designed to protect your skin against damaging UV rays and pollution, while helping to strengthen collagen for firmer skin.
SHOP NOW: Etienne Raff Dragon's Blood Serum, $95, etienneraff.com
Just Handy5 of 9
UV nail dryers are like tanning beds—if you're not protected, you put your hands at risk for premature aging and skin cancer. To counteract the damage, try YouVeeShield's heat-resistant gloves that cover hands up to the nail beds. Infused with titanium dioxide, they're supposed to block out 99.9 percent of the UV light emitted from the lamps. Ask for it during your next gel mani, or if they don't have it, bring your own.
SHOP NOW: YouVeeShield, $21 for 20, youveeshield.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Smooth Operator6 of 9
If you're already familiar with the Brazilian Blowout, a hair-smoothing treatment, you'll appreciate their split end repair treatment for fixing frizzy ends. A stylist applies the marine-based formula to the bottom two inches of your hair and combs it through to help your hair's broken fibers bind together. After a few passes with a straightening iron, the split ends are repaired, making hair look healthier for at least four weeks.
SHOP NOW: Brazilian Blowout split end repair treatment, prices vary, available at select salons
Get Your Veggies7 of 9
Lumavera's skincare line boasts a concentrated blend derived from tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, kale and onion. These veggies have antioxidants, including vitamins A and C, that are supposed to nourish and protect aging skin from damaging free radicals.
SHOP NOW: Lumavera Skincare, prices start at $20, lumavera.com
Dry Spell8 of 9
Want to save time and money by getting shiny blowout-looking tresses at home? Try this spray, which works like a primer before you blowdry. The two-part formula contains quick-dry ingredients in the clear half (makers say they speed up blow-drying time by 50 percent), and conditioning ingredients in the pink half.
SHOP NOW: My Amazing Blow Dry Secret Shake 'N Spray, $25, myamazingblowdrysecret.com
Nailed It9 of 9
One major downside to nail gels? To remove them, you have to use chemicals that strip away a layer of your natural nail, creating divots and pockets in the nail bed. Thankfully, a better solution is here: Striplac's new nail gel hardens with an LED device in a minute, stays glossy and fresh for ten days, then easily peels off without harsh removers or files, keeping your nail bed intact and healthy.
SHOP NOW: Striplac Starter Kit, $159, alessandra-international.us
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook