Lighten Up Your Hair Products
- Next1 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 9Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 9Courtesy of Garnier
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 9Courtesy of Revita
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 9Courtesy of Pantene
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 9Courtesy of Origins
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9Courtesy of Neutrogena
- Lighten Up Your Hair Products9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Weighty Matters1 of 9
By Abby Gardner
One common reason for bad hair days — too much product. Your hair can only handle so much before it starts looking bad and weighed down. Here are some of my favorite products to bring your hair back to life.
Rinse & Repeat2 of 9
This shampoo from the famed stylist, Frédéric Fekkai, has become a bit of a cult favorite. Use it to get rid of the build-up that can make your hair downright unruly.
SHOP NOW: Frédéric Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo, $23
Protect & Serve3 of 9
This leave-in product is the newest addition to the Color Shield family. The new formula is a perfect hybrid that feels like a light gel on your locks but moisturizes like a cream ... and of course, protect your pretty color.
SHOP NOW: Garnier Fructis Color Shield Instant Color Sealer, $6
Growth Spurt4 of 9
You may need some extra stimulation to help your hair grow or to combat dandruff, and that's exactly why you don't need more build-up. Enter this new discovery of ours with its natural cleansers and anti-inflammatories. Plus it's very manly, no?
SHOP NOW: Revita High Performance Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo, $27
A Fine Mist5 of 9
Pantene recently revamped their line and packaging to make it easier for you to figure out which products you need for your hair type. This spray is great for fine hair, but I also find it nice for any type if you only want light hold.
SHOP NOW: Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Style Lasting Volume Hairspray, $4
Curly Cues6 of 9
Curly hair often suffers the most from heavy products — those of you with waves know exactly what I'm talking about. This gel spray gives lift and bounce without dumping tons of product on your hair, making it limp and lifeless.
SHOP NOW: Kiehl's "Weightless" Curl-Defining Spray, $18
All Clear7 of 9
I'm a girl who tends to overcoat my hair in conditioner. I love the feeling and my hair is dry and tangly, so I think it needs it. That's not necessarily the case, which is why I fell in love this conditioning rinse that gives the same results — without the gnarly build-up.
SHOP NOW: Origins Clear Head Mint Conditioning Rinse, $13
Light Lifting8 of 9
Just because you want so height in your hair, doesn't mean you need a slew of different products. Spray some of this at the root and anywhere you want hair to look a bit thicker and you'll like what you see. Plus, there's no crunchy residue.
SHOP NOW: Phyto PhytoVolume Actif Volumizer Spray, $35
Lighter Load9 of 9
If you haven't taken our advice and tried these lightweight products, you're going to need to get rid of the gunk that's currently coating your lovely locks. This shampoo is a classic (and a bargain) that will do just that.
SHOP NOW: Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo, $5.50
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession