Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
The Treatment: Manicure
Keep your nails dry. Don't let the manicurist soak your hands. Water causes nails to swell; when they are painted, the polish is more prone to cracking as they dry and contract.
Use a buffer. This tool removes ridges, creating a smooth surface that polish can adhere to easily, so make sure your manicurist buffs your nails. When doing your own, before polishing, clean them with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol, then buff.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Husbands Should Never Do
Fortify your tips. After polishing, apply a top coat to just the tips, which chip first. Let dry, and then cover the entire nail. For a strong finish, brush on LCN Polish Seal, and then hold nails under a 60-watt bulb for three minutes.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Ways to Reinvent Your Look
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession