Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
The Treatment: Self-Tanning
Avoid shaving cream. Most types contain moisturizing oils that can block pores, preventing tanning products from penetrating your skin. Instead, on the day you plan to apply tanner, shave with an oil-free body wash worked into a lather. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash Pink Grapefruit is oil-free and contains salicylic acid, which gently exfoliates, too.
Tan in the AM. Self-tanner needs six to eight hours to develop fully. Applied at night, it could rub off on your sheets. Put it on in the morning instead and wear loose clothing for the rest of the day.
Rinse off after a swim. Chlorine can break down the pigments in tanning products. Get it off your skin post-pool by rinsing your body with fresh water.
To continue reading, visit Woman's Day
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Men Wish Women Knew About Sex
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession