The Best Makeup Combinations
- Next1 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- The Best Makeup Combinations9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Instant Radiance1 of 6
Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Justin and Selena… cocoa butter and foundation? Makeup artists reveal the hot new couples: product duos that prove two is better than one.—ELLE
"When I mix a touch of Chanel Illusion D’Ombre gel shadow in Fantasme with Weleda Skin Food, it's magic," says makeup artist Romy Soleimani. The concoction is a highlighter perfect for tapping on cheekbones, brow bones and lids. Soleimani prefers this over conventional illuminators. "The cream creates a sheer texture, and it's not makeupy," she says.
Lovely Lip Stain2 of 6
For a just-bitten lip shade that's universally flattering, makeup artist Hilda Levierge pairs Nars Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita with C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve and applies with a lip brush. "The salve moisturizes and plumps lips and also cuts down on the shine from the gloss," Levierge says. The result is a pretty—not sticky—pink lip.
Dark-Circle Blaster3 of 6
Too much champagne, not enough sleep? When makeup artist Jeffrey Paul needs to mask dark undereye circles, he reaches for YSL Teint Radiance foundation and Kevyn Aucoin's The Sensual Skin Enhancer concealer, mixing a dab of each on the back of his hand and patting under the eyes. The bespoke formula gives full coverage and is brightening—not opaque or cakey—thanks to the light-diffusing foundation. "The combo is my secret to a flawless face," Paul says.
Foundation Fix4 of 6
Buh-bye, redness, pores, and uneven tone. Fake an airbrushed complexion with makeup artist Alexis Brazel's "must-do": Diorskin Forever Foundation mixed with Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. The alchemy of the tinted moisturizer's light luminescence with the long-wearing foundation creates the illusion of "perfected, poreless skin," says Brazel, who uses this trick on set for TV commercials.
Smoky Eye Secret5 of 6
Transform liner in a flash. "A dab of Maybelline Lash Discovery in Very Black blended with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner makes the liner instantly smudgeproof," says Paul, who combines the two on the lid of the liner pot and applies with an ultrathin eyeliner brush. Added bonus: "It lasts through tears," Paul says. Brides, take note.
5-Second Leg Makeover6 of 6
"For sexy, shimmering legs, mix Palmer's Cocoa Butter in the palm of your hand with a few drops of M.A.C Face and Body Foundation two shades darker than your natural tone," Levierge says. The pairing masks flaws and makes legs look long and lean without the orange streaks, telltale scent, and waiting time of self-tanner (but don't worry, the waterproof foundation won't transfer onto clothes).