Age-Defying Beauty Secrets
- Next1 of 10Julianne Moore: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 10Sharon Stone: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 10Shohreh Aghdashloo: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next4 of 10Cate Blanchett: Fernando Allende/Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 10Julianne Moore: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 10Iman: Jemal Countess/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 10Andy McDowell: Marianna Massey/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 10Charlotte Rampling: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Jane Fonda: Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 10Annette Benning: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Age-Defying Beauty Secrets9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Botox Schmotox1 of 10
By Bari Lieberman
Take a cue from Julianne Moore (who turns 51 this year!) and defy your age by embracing it. We asked the beauty pros—responsible for helping celebs of all ages get high-def ready—to share their nip-and-tuck-free tips. The Fountain of Youth may not exist, but growing old gracefully most certainly does.
Getting Even2 of 10
Still stunning at 53, Sharon Stone knows to skip the full-coverage foundation, which can settle into creases. "The best way to conceal spots but still have natural-looking skin is to start with a good tinted moisturizer," says Starworks makeup artist Robin Black, who has worked with Cindy Crawford, Eva Longoria and others. "Then concentrate concealer just on the darkest spots, applying in layers until the discoloration is gone," she adds.
Disappearing Act3 of 10
As we age, we lose fat under the eyes making dark circles more apparent. To look refreshed and rested (à la 59-year-old Shohreh Aghdashloo), opt for "a highly pigmented cream concealer the exact color of your skin," says Black. "Using a small pointed brush, apply a thin line and press in (don't rub!) with your fingertip."
Peachy Keen4 of 10
"Powder blush sits on the top of the skin and can sometimes emphasize fine lines," says Black. Instead, she suggests experimenting with cream blush in warm shades, such as bronzed rose or peach, as a radiant Cate Blanchett, 42, does here.
Eye-Opening5 of 10
One of Black's favorite tricks is to line along the top lashes, keeping the color close to the lashes and stopping just short of the outer corner. Then curl top lashes and apply several coats of black mascara, leaving the lower lashes bare. "The emphasis on the top lash line gives a very youthful and open appearance," she says.
Drama Queen6 of 10
To get eyes like Iman, 55, skip the sparkle. "Shimmer eye shadow can emphasize creases and draw attention to fine lines," says Black. She recommends trying a matte shadow swept across the entire lid. To up the drama, line lids with a gel liner—it's easier to layer and blend than pencils.
Pucker Up7 of 10
Want bright lips like 53-year-old Andie MacDowell? "Start by applying a nourishing lip treatment and leaving it on while you do the rest of your face," says Black. "Then use a translucent wax- or silicone-based gel pencil to essentially seal off the edges of lips and prevent color from running into creases."
A Sticky Situation8 of 10
For a low-maintenance but polished look—similar to 65-year-old Charlotte Rampling's—Black recommends a sheer lipstick or a tinted lip balm. (Pass on gloss, which can look a bit teeny-bopperish.) If your lips are flaky, then try Black's DIY fix: Remove any product, lightly pat lips with a piece of Scotch tape to remove loose skin, and then apply a moisturizing balm.
You've Been Framed9 of 10
The secret to 73-year-old Jane Fonda's age-defying beauty may be in her hair. According to Eugene Toye, stylist for Rita Hazan Salon, a cut with shorter, face-framing layers can help subtract years. "The idea is to open up the face, rather than crowd it with too much length in the front," says Toye.
We Have Lift-Off10 of 10
"Women should focus on styling their hair with more lift at the roots and volume in the crown," says Toye. Here, Annette Benning, age 53, demonstrates how a little height in your hair can make it appear more voluminous.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession