Face the Future
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Estée Lauder
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Estée Lauder
- Previous Next4 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 11RD/Leon/Retna Digital
- Previous Next7 of 11Toby Canham/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Amy Sussman/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 11Marc Von Holden/Stringer/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Face the Future9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
beauty_face_future_v011 of 11
Constance Jablonski2 of 11
By Abby Gardner
Aerin Lauder, granddaughter of Estée and Creative Director of the brand, says of her new girls: "Constance and Liu Wen are the beauties of our time. Both models have quickly captured the attention of the fashion and beauty world."
Liu Wen3 of 11
Julia Samersova Adler, owner of Cast Inc. (which casts runway shows, ads, and editorial shoots), says that "it was amazing casting but, more importantly, I am glad to see that a prestige beauty brand is promoting a more diverse view of beauty." So let's find out what other pretty faces are included in this new, more inclusive group of soon-to-be-very-famous models.
Joan Smalls4 of 11
Julia says that the industry is finally doing more than having a conversation about diversity. Thank goodness. "Joan Smalls is a breakout star! She had a massive show season, followed by intense editorial and advertising interest." We'll certainly be on the lookout for her in our magazines pages in months to come.
Lara Stone5 of 11
Lara Stone is already a favorite of the Glo team, and she just signed on as the face of Armani Cosmetics, among many other advertising campaigns. "Lara is really the first face since Gisele that I think will make an indelible impact on American pop culture. That hasn't happened in a long time."
Adriana Lima6 of 11
"We're seeing diversity — not just in ethnicity, but in size, too," says Julia. (And remember, what's big in the world of fashion isn't the same as the average person's "big.") The runways of Europe, known for their size 0 models, embraced curvier girls like Adriana. And made us collectively sigh in relief.
Alessandra Ambrosio7 of 11
And yes, we know it seems ridiculous to imagine but, before this season, girls with an approachable beauty like Alessandra's were only found on runways like Victoria's Secret. Now the industry at large is booking her. Hooray for change! We appreciate avant-garde but really love seeing girls who look like the prettiest girl from high school.
Doutzen Kroes8 of 11
Things we love about Doutzen: her stunning (and welcoming) face and the killer body that we happen to know she works out hard for. "For years, the industry seemed to obsess over such an avant-garde standard that it turned off a lot of consumers and made fashion campaigns and models irrelevant," says Julia. We like the sound of this. A lot.
Arlenis Sosa9 of 11
Dominican-born Arlenis is also having a major impact on the beauty culture. She landed a major Lancôme contract in 2009, which Julia thinks is a great sign about the direction the industry's moving in. "High fashion has been supporting a more diverse model for about two years, and now that a few of these girls have blue chip advertisers behind them, others will be more receptive."
Karlie Kloss10 of 11
You probably recognize this face from one of a crazy number of ads and editorials this year. "Every once in a while, a girl comes along who captivates the general public as much as the high fashion crowd. Karlie Kloss is just that kind of girl," says Julia. "She is the crossover star of her era with her fresh face, girl-next-door demeanor and vibrancy."
Rose Cordero11 of 11
"Another breakout star is the absolutely stunning Rose Cordero," says Julia. "She's the first black model to grace the cover of Vogue Paris solo since 2002!" And so continues the ever-evolving debate about "What do we think is beautiful now?" We happen to believe this new, more inclusive approach is spot-on.
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession