One-Minute Ways to Get Gorgeous
- Next1 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next11 of 11Imaxtree.com
- One-Minute Ways to Get Gorgeous9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Quickie Beauty Tricks1 of 11
By Petra Guglielmetti for WomansDay.com
Being busy doesn’t mean you have to let yourself go completely. Any of these 10 instant-gratification beauty moves will get you looking fab on those days when you’ve only got a minute to spare. And when you have time to do two or three in a row, all the better!
Shine Your Strands2 of 11
“When you need a quick fix, spray and liquid serums add an instant boost of shine,” says New York City hairstylist Riccardo Maggiore. “They also smooth and seal the hair cuticle to eliminate frizzies and static electricity.” Just warm a few drops of the shine serum between your palms, then smooth right onto dry hair, concentrating more toward your ends and avoiding your roots (otherwise hair could get flat or greasy). ON WOMAN'S DAY: Beauty Rules to Break
Curl Your Lashes3 of 11
Few beauty tricks produce such dramatic results in such a short time. Just grab a traditional metal lash curler and hold tightly in your hand to warm it for about ten seconds, then gently clamp near your lash roots and pulse three times, moving the curler down your lashes a bit more with each pulse to create a smooth curve. Apply mascara afterward to give the curl staying power.
Prettify Your Pout4 of 11
They may take a bit longer to apply than lipstick or gloss, but lip stains keep your pout looking rosy for hours (even through eating and drinking) and can easily make up for the lack of other makeup. “A little goes a long way, so dot just a little bit on your lips and then mush them together to transfer the color,” says celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles, who notes that stains are now available in a wider array of flattering hues than ever before.
Faux Some Glow5 of 11
Bronzer is possibly the best secret beauty weapon to come around in years. It gives anyone an instant healthy glow, and the new formulas are almost goof-proof. Just avoid one with sparkles, which “can make you look overly shimmery and orange to boot,” Stiles says. Sweep up some matte bronzer using a large, fluffy brush and lightly dust it on the zones where the sun would naturally hit — your nose and cheekbones, as well as along the hairline.
Do a Quickie Mani6 of 11
Right after you get out of the shower, gently push your cuticles back using a hand towel. Then paint your dry nails with clear polish. If you want to add color, forget about sitting around waiting for your polish to dry; these days, there are tons of high-tech nail formulas that set within seconds. Choose a light neutral or metallic polish; they will dry the quickest and are the easiest to slick on. ON WOMAN'S DAY: Quick Hair Solutions
Try the Easiest Updo7 of 11
On days when you don’t have time to mess around with a curling iron but don’t want to resort to yet another ponytail either, try this instant upgrade: Pull your hair back into a sleek ponytail and secure with a clear elastic hair tie (or one that blends with your hair). Then twist the tail and coil it around the base to form a pretty ballerina bun. Secure with three or four bobby pins, and mist on medium-hold hairspray to keep flyaways in check.
Wake Up Your Face8 of 11
The one-minute way to fake ten hours of sleep: Take a flesh-colored eye pencil and use it to trace inside your lower lashline, covering up the area that normally looks pink. Then use a pale, shimmery eyeshadow or pencil in more of a whitish hue to make a little “V” at the innermost corner of each eye. This deflects from dark circles and draws light into the entire eye area, leaving you looking alert and bright-eyed.
Prime Your Skin9 of 11
It was designed as a way to prep skin for foundation, but the latest primers have proven to be miracle workers unto themselves — and they’re way quicker to apply than a whole face of base. To see the benefits for yourself, smooth a silicone-based primer onto your face, starting with your nose and then working outward over any areas where you have visible pores or excess shine. Set with a little translucent face powder and you’re good to go.
Fake a Flush10 of 11
Overslept and missed your appointment with the treadmill? Nothing a minute with the blush brush can’t fix. “Peachy blush is a surefire complexion perker-upper,” Stiles says. “The color is universally flattering for any skin tone and it adds light and life to the face.” She suggests using a formula that’s sheer so you can build up the color gradually without overdoing it, and one with just a hint of shimmer for luminosity.
Try Bombshell Hair11 of 11
Setting your hair in hot rollers can have an amazing effect, but who has the time? Here’s the quickie way to give your hair some sex appeal: Flip your head upside-down and blow-dry your roots for about 45 seconds. Then mist your roots with light-hold hairspray, flip your head back up and smooth hair back into place. You’ll have gorgeous volume, as if you just got a blowout (even if, in reality, you’re overdue for a shower). ON WOMAN'S DAY: Commercial Break Beauty
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession