Outrageous Spa Treatments
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Shizuka Day Spa
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Shizuka Day Spa
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Juvenex Spa
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Peninsula Beverly Hills
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of El Dorado Hotel and Spa
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Elemur
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Caesars Palace
- Previous Next9 of 11Istockphoto
- Previous Next10 of 11Istockphoto
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Loews Hotels
- Outrageous Spa Treatments9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Power Pampering1 of 11
By Zoe Schaeffer
Next time you want to pamper yourself, dare to try one of these new fun, fabulous (and downright outrageous) spa treatments. Featuring everything from sapphire oil to Swarovski studs to bird poo (no, that’s not a typo), these over-the-top services will trump shiatsu any day. So kick back, relax and indulge ... no waffle robe required.
Dropping In2 of 11
Geisha girls had fabulous skin partly due to a centuries-old secret topical called "uguisu no fun" (translation: nightingale poop). But, now that the word is out, it may be time to toss the old exfoliator and brighten your complexion the seriously old-fashioned way. “Geisha Facial” at Shizuka Day Spa, NY. $180.
Whip It3 of 11
In the Ancient Cane Ritual treatment, raw sugar cane juice is combined with crystals and creamy oil to exfoliate and deeply moisturize. The massage also uses bamboo reeds during a drumming, tapping and rolling session, meant to rebalance the body’s energy flow. "Ancient Cane Ritual" at Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas Reliquary Spa, NV. $225
Top Job4 of 11
In this specialty treatment, botanicals and essential oils are used to firm up that particular part of our bodies that often goes south first. This “breast facial” exfoliates and is designed to help remove lymphatic congestion. Relax in the Jade Igloo Sauna after your treatment. “Breacial” at Juvenex Spa, NY $85.
Stone Cold5 of 11
An exclusive gem oil from Dubai promises to bring body and mind into balance during this luxe massage treatment. Choose from sapphire, ruby, or emerald oils, depending on your preferred energy for the day. “Gem Oil Massage Treatment” at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, CA. $275-$385
Heavy Metal6 of 11
Can you believe that precious goods like gold, amber and platinum may help restore moisture? Well, combined with negative ions (and a whole lot of sloughing), apparently they do! Your face will feel polished and pampered after this lavish service. “24K Gold Facial” at Eldorado Hotel and Spa, NM. $500
Waxing Poetic7 of 11
Ear wax is a sticky situation, especially if you’re prone to going too far with your Q-tips. But the ancient practice of ear candling (blowing smoke through a hollow cylinder into your ear) helps loosen up the gooey stuff to leave you clear as can be. “Ear Candling” at Elemur Day Spa 56, NY. $60.
Bling It On8 of 11
The ‘80s are back, and we’re not referring to the shoulder pad craze here. The newest thing to bedazzle is not your iPhone, but your bikini line. This summer, try flaunting more than just your new bathing suit … if you dare. “Crystal Body Art” at Ceasars Palace, NV. $130.
Delicious Delicacy9 of 11
Those little piggies need pampering, too. Spoil them with a fish egg-and-marine collagen massage that aims to restore moisture and nutrients. And then they can happily return to their day job — sporting spring’s newest wedges. “Caviar Spa Pedicure” at Spa Newbury, MA. $95.
Smooth Moves10 of 11
What’s the latest alleged wrinkle-buster, you ask? Spermine, an antioxidant made from synthesized human (you guessed it) sperm. After the cream is applied (to your face!), an infrared light is used for further, um, penetration. “Babyface Facial” at Townhouse Spa, NY. $250.
Couple's Retreat11 of 11
If you and your honey are looking for something relaxing and romantic, a couple’s massage atop a Venetian-style gondola should definitely be on your “to do” list. Champagne and strawberries are included in the journey. “Voga Voyage” at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, CA. $499