How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- Next1 of 15Badgley Mischka Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 15butter LONDON
- Previous Next3 of 15butter LONDON
- Previous Next4 of 15butter LONDON
- Previous Next5 of 15butter LONDON
- Previous Next6 of 15Tess Giberson: Anna Webber/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 15Peter Som: Mireya Acierto/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 15Marissa Webb Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 15Glo
- Previous Next10 of 15Suno Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 15Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next12 of 15Tracy Reese Fall 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next13 of 15KISS Products
- Previous Next14 of 15KISS Products
- Previous Next15 of 15OPI
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Nailing It1 of 15
By Paige Brettingen
Gone are the outrageous, bedazzled talons that had become the norm at Fashion Week. Instead, the manicures from New York Fashion Week fall 2014 are more understated, though far from boring. Take a look at 14 of the prettiest designs on the runways and get how-to tips straight from the backstage pros.
Pearl Perfect2 of 15
To create shimmery pearl nails at Lela Rose, manicurists painted butter LONDON Nail Foundation over the entire nail, followed with a diagonal stripe of butter LONDON in Alabaster Glaze (available April 2014) down the middle of the nail. They then filled in the top half of the nail with two coats of Alabaster Glaze and finished with a coat of butter LONDON Patent Gel Top.
Glitter Glam3 of 15
At Libertine, nail artists applied butter LONDON's The Black Night to the tips of press-on nails followed by butter LONDON's Diamond Geezer at the base of the nail until it met the black tips. A glittery overcoat of butter London's Stardust and Anorak (available March 2014) was added, and then polished off with holographic diamond-shaped glitter on the tips.
Fired Up4 of 15
For fiery-themed nails, look no further than the ones spotted with Nicole Miller's designs. Katie Jane Hughes, the lead manicurist, started with butter LONDON's Nail Foundation followed by a coat of Union Jack Black and Matte Finish Top Coat. Using a thin striping brush, she added Knees Up red lacquer at the cuticle and brushed in a flame-like design along the nail.
Tweed Tips5 of 15
To get the "tweed" nail art seen at Prabal Gurung, nail artists used butter LONDON's Union Black Jack as a base. Using a striping brush, they then alternated with horizontal and vertical lines in Billy No Mates, Stag Do, Blagger, British Racing Green and Pearly Queen.
French Connection6 of 15
Give your next French manicure a black-and-white twist with this "tuxedo" design. For Tess Giberson's show, nail artist Jin Soon Choi used a dark gray polish from her upcoming fall 2014 collection and coated the tips in Kookie White (available spring 2014).
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Block Off7 of 15
At Peter Som, the nail pros for Zoya opted for a neutral color-blocked mani, starting with coats of Zoya's Charlotte and Severine as the base and then adding Anais (a charcoal black metallic) in a half moon curve at the cuticle.
Compare, Contrast8 of 15
Go for Gold9 of 15
Per usual, Deborah Lippmann's designs didn't disappoint at Badgley Mischka's show. Lippmann's team applied Gel Lab Base Coat followed by two coats of her Take The A Train chrome lacquer (available this fall). They then created a gold, glittery half moon at the cuticle using Glitter and Be Gay and polished it off with the Gel Lab Top Coat and Rich Girl Hand Cream.
Midas Touch10 of 15
A metallic gold tip was the perfect accent for nude nails, like the ones at Suno. Manicurists used a shiny topcoat as a base and then added Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Bold Gold at the tips.
Smooth Finish11 of 15
Bold and tasteful, these red wine-hued nails at Costello Tagliapietra are right for any occasion. Nail artists first applied a ridge filling base coat, followed by two coats of Essie's Berry Naughty and one coat of Essie's Matte About You.
Starry Night12 of 15
The Sally Hansen team added a sparkly touch to the dark gray nails (in the shade Somber Bliss, available in the fall) at Tracy Reese, topping them with Shattered Stars chunky metallic confetti.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
Two-Toned13 of 15
At Charlotte Ronson, celebrity manicurist Gina Edwards applied imPRESS Press-On nails in Superstar Scandal and then used KISS Nail Artist Paint in Gala to create a black scalloped tip bordering the cuticle. She finished it with KISS Top Coat for extra shine.
One of a Kind14 of 15
The nails at Erin Fetherston featured monograms designed by nail artist Miss Pop. Create your own using KISS Nail Artist Paint in Gala.
Easy Does It15 of 15
These manicures at Azede Jean-Pierre are the perfect example of designs that look more complicated than they actually are. OPI's nail artists left the bottom third of the nail bare in a half-moon shape and painted the top half with OPI's dark gray hue Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! They polished off the look with silver DS Radiance on the tips.
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession