15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Next1 of 16Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 16Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 16Mike Coppola/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 16BEImages/Henry Lamb/D Dipasupil/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 16Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 16Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 16Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 16Johnny Nunez/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 16BEImages/Matt Baron
- Previous Next10 of 16Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 16Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next12 of 16Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 16BEImages/Matt Baron
- Previous Next14 of 16REX USA/Erik Pendzich
- Previous Next15 of 16BEImages/Matt Baron
- Previous Next16 of 16Mike Pont/FilmMagic
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
- Mother's Day Gift Guide 2014
Hot in Here1 of 16
By Paige Brettingen
With summer comes a sense of adventure, making it the perfect time to experiment with new beauty trends. From a sleek center part and the perfect nude lip to disco-inspired eyes and a sexy updo, here are 15 celeb looks you can steal.
In the Nude2 of 16
If you want to try out this season's neutral palette, but don't want your lips to blend into your face, opt for Karlie Kloss's lipstick color, which has a subtle hint of pink. Makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen gave the model the perfect nude lip using Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in Moody Margot.
Glow Away3 of 16
To achieve Whitney Port's natural-looking glow, makeup artist Katie Jane Hughes used Butter London's Wink Cream Eye Shadow in Treacle to brighten the eye area, then applied the multipurpose formula on all the high points of Port's face, including the bridge of her nose and on her Cupid's bow.
Bun Intended4 of 16
No time to fix your hair post-pool party? Copy Ashley Olsen's slightly disheveled bun. Hairstylist Mark Townsend added a few drops of Dove Dry Oil to her hair and blew it out using a mixed-bristle Spornette brush to create volume with a smooth finish. Then he braided and twisted her hair into a loose bun, securing the strands with bobby pins. (Ashley's required 27, so be prepared to use more than usual.)
Disco Queen5 of 16
Lupita Nyong'o's disco-inspired eyes are a stylish way to introduce metallics to your look. Makeup artist Nick Barose combined Lancôme Color Design Infinite 24H in Unlimited Silver, an intense glittery shadow, and Color Design Eye Shadow in All That Glitters, a creamier, blendable shadow, to get the actress's sparkly lids.
Down the Middle6 of 16
According to hairstylist and Artistic Director for SHE by So.Cap.USA Sacha Quarles, '60s-inspired center parts are back in style this summer. "Nothing looks more effortless or classic than a center part, especially if your hair is long and minimally layered," he says. The sleek, modern look, seen here on Olivia Munn, looks best on those with square or round face shapes.
Pretty in Pink7 of 16
To get Emma Stone's glossy lip—a pink shade that's more sophisticated than girlie—makeup artist Rachel Goodwin applied Chanel Aqua Crayon Lip Color Stick in Rosewood and finished it with Revlon ColorBust Balm Stain in Cherish for a touch of shine.
Up Top8 of 16
Easy, fuss-free topknots, like this look on Jennifer Lopez, are still trendy this summer. To give yours a cool twist, Quarles suggests "leaving out a section of your bun and braiding it, then wrapping the braid around the bun."
Curl Up9 of 16
To get soft, romantic waves that are still youthful, opt for Rachel McAdams' look. After blow-drying the actress's hair and setting it with large rollers, hairstylist Ben Skervin sprayed Vidal Sassoon ColorFinity Dry Shampoo on her roots and on the ends, which helped break up her hair's texture.
Smoke & Mirrors10 of 16
Try Jessica Alba's sultry, smoky eyes for your next night out. Makeup artist Lauren Anderson blended Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black towards the outer corners, followed by Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner as a shadow, using a tissue on the outer corners of her eyes to create a crisp edge.
New Lengths11 of 16
According to Quarles, the long layered bob (or lob) that skims just past the shoulders, like Cameron Diaz's, is this summer's most popular length. If you want to curl it for a special occasion, use the curling iron as a wand by wrapping your hair around it without using the clamp and leaving the last two inches of the ends out, creating a messy beachy effect.
Gold Standard12 of 16
Want a smoky eye that's not too harsh? Go for rust and bronze eye shadows, like Dakota Johnson. Makeup artist Mary Phillips used Lancôme Color Design 5-Pan-Palette in Kissed by Gold to play up Johnson's eyes and achieve a softer effect.
Skin Deep13 of 16
To add dimension to your face, try makeup artist Beau Nelson's trick of applying several different tan foundation shades to your skin. For example, to contour Nicole Richie's face, Nelson applied NYX Cosmetics Mineral Stick Foundation in Golden Beige to the center of her cheeks, then used the Cool Tan and Warm Tan shades towards the outer perimeter.
Roll With It14 of 16
Need a pretty hairstyle for a wedding? Try Selena Gomez's updo by applying Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair and blow-drying with a round brush. Curl one-inch sections and separate hair into three sections: bottom (from the ear down), middle (at the temple) and top (full crown). Pull the bottom section into a ponytail at the nape of your neck, roll it upwards and secure horizontally with bobby pins. Roll the middle section horizontally and pin just above the bottom roll. Tease the top section, roll vertically (like a reverse French twist) and pin into the middle roll.
Cat's Meow15 of 16
For a striking cat-eye, makeup artist Mai Quynh experimented with a graphic line on Jessica Paré. Using Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Precision Liquid Liner in Black, Quynh started with a thick line along the upper lash line. Then she lined the lower inner rim of Pare's eyes with Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Onyx, carefully smudging the two liners together at the outer corners for a dramatic look.
Making Waves16 of 16
Kate Upton's elegant hairstyle exudes Hollywood glamour, but doesn't look stiff or overly styled. Hairstylist Peter Butler applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Building Mousse to the model's wet hair and blow-dried with a thick, round brush. Then he spritzed hair with Luxurious Volume Blowout Spray, and curled her strands with a two-inch curling iron, allowing the hair to "kick out" at the ends without a full flip.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession