The products hair and makeup pros swear by
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of L'Oréal, Spornette and Revlon
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Gucci Westman; Revlon
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of George Papanikolas; Joico
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Stefanie Syat; Bobbi Brown
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Brian Duprey; Giordano
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Victor Paul; Enjoy
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Jane Iredale
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Nicole Hartmann; Schwarzkopf
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Soyon An; Julep
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Marc Mena; L'Oréal
- The products hair and makeup pros swear by9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Beauty Confidential1 of 10
By Brienne Walsh
Glo is constantly asking makeup artists and hairstylists which products they use on their celebrity clients, but what about the ones they actually use on their own hair and skin? Nine pros agreed to reveal their personal favorites and give us a rare glimpse inside their beauty tool kits.
It Comes Naturally2 of 10
Revlon Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman's skin radiates good health. Her secret? Keeping it moisturized with holistic skin-care products, such as Dr. Hauschka's Rejuvenating Mask, as well as drinking tons of water. Although she's the go-to artist for superstars such as Cameron Diaz and Demi Moore, she doesn't wear much makeup herself. But when she needs to amp up her look, she swears by Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara.
Celebrity Trainer3 of 10
As the Joico celebrity colorist, George Papanikolas has worked with superstars including the Kardashian sisters and Miranda Kerr. His Joico must-have? The Flex Control Pliable Paste. When it comes to caring for his skin, he's a fan of Clé de Peau Beauté Gentle Protection Emulsion SPF-20.
SHOP NOW: Joico Flex Control Pliable Paste, $22; Clé de Peau Beauté Gentle Protection Emulsion SPF-20, $130
Fair Lady4 of 10
With her fair coloring, Stefanie Syat, the owner of Pre-Dame Makeup Party, is especially attuned to products that suit her coloring. "I go for L'Oréal Voluminous Blackest Black mascara because I need more color than the privileged dark-browed girl," she says. "The formula thickens at the root to create volume and the illusion that I am wearing eyeliner." To balance the look, she uses Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink. "I love her blushes because they are almost like watercolors."
Striking Oil5 of 10
When he's not on set for a fashion shoot, Brian Duprey is making celebrities like Rachel Bilson and Kristen Bell look even more beautiful. To stay looking fresh himself, he uses Giordano Beauty Satin Skin Oil on his face and hair. "It's 100 percent natural and works as well as any department-store moisturizer," he says. For his lips, he swears by Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment, a fermented-papaya-based product from Australia.
Keeping It Real6 of 10
Victor Paul, the owner of Victor Paul Salon, is known for keeping the manes of the Real Housewives of Orange County looking camera-ready. For both himself and his clients, he loves the Enjoy Conditioning Spray. "If I decide not to condition in the shower, I do a quick spritz when I step out," he says. "It has a low pH, so it keeps the hair really soft. It's also a great detangler for long hair."
SHOP NOW: Enjoy Conditioning Spray, $17
Powder Player7 of 10
It's no surprise that Jane Iredale of Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics is a devotee of her own makeup line. Her top pick is the PurePressed Base powder. "It saves me so much time because it's four products in one—a powder, foundation, concealer and sunscreen," she says. For her hair, she turns to a product she first discovered at a heath-food store, Giovanni L.A. Hold Hair Spritz. "It conquers the frizz battle."
New Wave8 of 10
Nicole Hartmann, fashion director at Schwarzkopf Professional, creates styles for celebs at the posh Privé Salon in L.A. She's also known for her own photo-ready complexion. Her secret? Lancôme Eclat Miracle Face Primer. "It goes on smooth, and keeps my makeup in place all day," she says. To add texture to her bangs, she uses the OSiS Shape by Schwarzkopf, which she'd love even if she didn't rep the brand. "It gives texture and shine without weighing my hair down."
Finishing Touches9 of 10
Whether she's designing Taylor Swift's costume for the AMAs, or dressing Shania Twain for her show in Vegas, celebrity stylist Soyon An does it all—clothing, makeup and hair. Due to her hectic schedule, she relies on low-maintenance beauty products such as Julep's new Freedom Topcoat, which dries without smudging in less than five minutes. Her unique beauty trick, however, is to spray Static Guard on a brush and run it through hair—she says it's a miracle cure for frizz.
Hair Helpers10 of 10
Marc Mena, a senior stylist at Warren Tricomi, who has worked with Hilary Swank, Olivia Munn and the judges on Project Runway, knows that speed is essential when it comes to hair. "I don't know a stylist who does not carry L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray," he confides. Other top picks include Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, and Garnier Pure Clean 2-in-1, which he says cuts his time in the shower with the same rewards as a full regimen.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession