Royal Wedding Hats: Hits & Misses
- Next1 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 12John Stillwell-WPA Pool/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 12Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 12Jasper Juinen/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 12CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 12Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 12Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 12Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
HIT: Queen Elizabeth II1 of 12
Who needs a crown when you've got a dignified, ladylike chapeau?
MISS: Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne2 of 12
Sometimes a feather in your cap is just not a feather in your cap.
HIT: Princess Letizia of Asturias3 of 12
There's something both innocent and mysterious about this cocked hat with a cropped lace veil.
MISS: Queen Sofia of Spain4 of 12
With all due respect, this hat looks like a home crafts project gone awry.
HIT: Sophie Winkleman5 of 12
The Brit actress doesn't let her sculptural topper wear her.
MISS: Zara Phillips6 of 12
The queen's eldest granddaughter disappears beneath the Starship Enterprise-size hat that has alighted on her head.
HIT: Victoria Beckham7 of 12
We tip our hat to Posh's ladylike navy pill box hat set at a playful angle.
MISS: Tara Palmer-Tomkinson8 of 12
The boat (er, hat) on socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson is a sinker.
HIT: Charlene Wittstock9 of 12
Finally, here's a hat we'd actually wear. It would be perfect for a summer wedding.
MISS: Princess Beatrice10 of 12
There are no words.
HIT: Carole Middleton11 of 12
It's all about what lies beneath in this subtly avant-garde stunner worn by the mother of the bride.
MISS: Princess Eugenie of York12 of 12
Without the feather duster, it might not have been so bad.
NEXT GALLERY: Check out hats from the 2010 Kentucky Derby