Scary Good: Runway-inspired Halloween ideas
- Next1 of 8Julien MacDonald Fall 2011/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 8Castelbajac Fall 2011/Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 8Vandevorst Spring 2010/Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 8John Rocha Fall 2011/Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 8Vandevorst Fall 2011, Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 8Paul & Hoe Fall 2011/Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 8Philipp Plein Fall 2011/Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of Streekers; Kevin.Murphy; Make Up For Ever; NYX Cosmetics; Violent Lips
Death Becomes Her1 of 8
By Shannan Rouss
Once again, we've waited till the last minute to figure out our Halloween getup. To provide some much-needed inspiration, we've rounded up seven runway looks, along with five insta-costume beauty products.
From London Fashion Week, this zombie-cum-vampire style calls for slicked-back hair and sunken eyes, that can be created with a peachy cream shadow, like Nars The Multiple in Lamu. Blanche lips with a cream concealer, and then apply a red lipstick, concentrating color at the center of your mouth.
Silent Night2 of 8
Luckily you don't have to pluck your brows into spindly arches to channel silent film star and flapper icon Clara Bow. Instead, dust your usual face powder over brows to conceal them before drawing on pencil-thin replacements. For lips, opt for a matte lipstick in a true red hue like this Revlon favorite, and then add a beauty mark for extra retro glam.
Natural Disaster3 of 8
This hair gives windblown a whole new meaning. To get the crimped look (without a crimping iron), braid hair while damp and let it air dry. Next, spritz on a texturizing spray to add volume. Pull all your hair to one side, securing it in the back with pins. (Use a stronghold gel or hairspray on smooth side if needed.) Finally tease hair, spray and repeat until you can almost mold it into place. Consider adding a leaf or twig to play up the look. When people ask what you are, tell them Hurricane [Insert Own Name Here].
Weekend Warrior4 of 8
The angular berry lips, brushed-up brows and braided hair deliver a costume we're calling Sci-fi Viking. After braiding 1 to 2-inch section of your hair, give lips a pronounced pout by highlighting your Cupid's bow with white eyeliner.
Call Of The Wild5 of 8
Kim Kardashian may prefer dressing up as Little Red Riding Hood, but we think it's more fun to go as the wolf. Dust a white shadow on lids, and then use a brow pencil in two shades (we like Lancôme Powder Pencil for the Brows) to create a soft, fur-like effect. Want to add some wit to your costume? Wrap yourself in a cozy wool sweater or coat—you'll be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
All Dolled Up6 of 8
Have a frilly dress in your closet? Pull it out for a doll-face look that's all about the lashes. Try a mascara like Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes to give lashes that piece-y sculpted quality. If you want to up the doe-eyed intensity, then add a few individual false lashes to your lower lids.
Swan Song7 of 8
If you've got the steady hand of an artist, then you can replicate this dramatic look, reminiscent of Black Swan. Look for a creamy, richly pigmented liner (try MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Blackground), and be sure to paint to the bridge of your nose to achieve the beak-like effect.
Tricks & Treats8 of 8
Pick up any of these finds for a Halloween quick fix:
1. Streekers Wild Weekend temp. hair color, $11
2. Kevin.Murphy Color.Bug temp. hair shadow, $20
4. NYX Cosmetics Theatrical Lashes, $10
5. Violent Lips temp. lip tattoos, $15 for 3
NEXT ON GLO: More Last-Minute Makeup Inspiration
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The oversized trend that's making a comeback
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 9 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 Must-Read Tips for a Healthy Divorce
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession