All My Hairstyles
- Next1 of 10Susan Lucci: Rick Rowell/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Kelly Ripa: Ann Limongello/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 10Andrea Evans and Fiona Hutchison: Ann Summa/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Susan Lucci: Rick Rowell/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Susan Lucci: Bob Sacha/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 10Robin Strasser: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 10Kristen Alderson: Heidi Gutman/ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 10Farah Fath: John Sciulli/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 10Catherine Hickland: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Lou Rocco/ABC via Getty Images
- All My Hairstyles9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
The End of a Hair Era1 of 10
By Shannan Rouss
In the fictional towns of Pine Valley and Llanview, friends become enemies, babies are switched at birth and the dead return to life. Amidst all the drama, one thing remains constant: Susan Lucci's hair—plus a few other distinctly soap 'dos. With the cancellation of One Life to Live and All My Children, we take a moment to acknowledge soaps' most enduring styles.
Out With a Bang2 of 10
Kelly Ripa's Pine Valley days may over (her character moved to California to host a talk show), but the fanned out bangs she sported as Hayley Vaughn live on in daytime drama.
So Long3 of 10
After Gabrielle finds out that Tina's alive, Tina takes her baby, but Gabrielle gets him back—though she later steals someone else's baby. But Tina blackmails her and both women are sent to jail. But that's not the point. The point is that long hair—and we mean really, really long hair—is always au courant in soap world.
Don't Go Changin'4 of 10
As Erica Kane, the ageless Susan Lucci's immaculately coiffed hair has evolved only slightly over the past 41 years, reminding us of the maxim: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Spiral Outta Control5 of 10
In a rare moment of hair-hysteria, Erica Kane (or could it be an evil twin?) visits New York and wears this wacky look during modeling days.
Mommie Dearest6 of 10
Since 1979, Dorian Lord Buchanan has reigned as the prime villainess in Llanview. Her stiffly curled matriarch hair seems to say don't mess with me.
Jail Bait7 of 10
In the world of soaps, full and springy curls immediately signal youth and innocence. Born and raised in OLTL's Llanview, Starr Manning is the show's ingenue. Still a teenager, she has already been kidnapped (twice), survived the death (and return) of both parents, fallen in love, had a baby, had a baby stolen, and...you get the idea.
Short Stuff8 of 10
In the land of soaps, short hair means one of two things: You're either young and feisty or you're older and brassy. A relative newcomer to Llanview, waitress Gigi Morasco's hair reminds us of DOOL's Billiie (Lisa Rinna) circa 1995.
Light Headed9 of 10
Could all that bleach be to blame for the often unpredictable and erratic behavior of our favorite characters? In her 10 years in Pine Valley, Lindsay Rappaport (née Farrell; previously Buchanan) was bad, then redeemed, then bad again, and semi-redeemed. Her hair color, however, never varied.
The Kindest Cut10 of 10
If OLTL's Dorian has don't-mess-with-me hair, her longtime rival Victoria "Viki" Lord Banks (previously Burke, Riley, Buchanan, Carpenter and Davidson) has always had the kinder, gentler version of the same coiff. In her four decades on the show, Viki (played by Erika Slezak) has rarely deviated from the look—except when split personality Niki takes over, of course.