Steamy Spring Beauty
- Next1 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 9StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 9StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 9StyleSight
- Steamy Spring Beauty9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Bringing Sexy Back1 of 9
By Zoe Schaeffer
Trends come and go but looking sexy—in a subtle way, of course—can be timeless. We asked the experts for their best tricks for turning spring’s sensual runway styles into sultry, wearable looks.
What a Doll2 of 9
Petra Strand, founder of Pixi Cosmetics, says that doll-like lashes like Twiggy's or Brigitte Bardot's can make a really dramatic statement when done properly. “After two coats of mascara have fully dried, zig-zag the wand through the base of the lashes once more for that full, fluttery appearance," says Petra.
Morning Glory3 of 9
Achieving that perfect "no-makeup" look is a trick in every makeup artist's arsenal. "Steal a little lipstick from your lips and dab it on your cheeks for just a hint of color," says Jessa Blades, founder of www.bladesnaturalbeauty.com. "A pink-y nude shade looks fresh but won't make you look like you tried too hard." Petra adds that clear mascara will give lashes and brows a hint of definition.
She's Come Undone4 of 9
There's no denying that tousled, roughed up hair is super sexy. Jessa suggests making your own "beach spray" by mixing salt, water and your favorite essential oil (she likes lavender.) “Mist it into hair with a water bottle," she says. "If you have medium to thick hair, you can even add a braid afterward without having to fasten it." Don't worry if it falls out; it's supposed to look undone.
Sheen Queen5 of 9
Petra says that a matte face can be pretty, but skin with a dewy sheen looks more natural. "The best way to achieve that ethereal finish is to mix a highlighting lotion with your regular moisturizer. Your face will have a sexy 'glaze' without looking sweaty," she explains.
Twinkle in Her Eye6 of 9
If you’ve never used metallic shadows before, it’s best to layer them over a neutral, matte shade, says Petra. The result is slightly more muted. "For a more defined look, use a metallic liner in a hot color like teal or midnight blue," she adds. "This will help accentuate the shimmer around your eyes."
Orange Crush7 of 9
"An orange-pink mouth is a really hot look right now and luckily it flatters all skin tones," says Petra. "But if orange intimidates you, start with a less shocking coral-pink shade." Jessa agrees that you can wear this look in a more subtle way. “A coat of Chapstick or clear gloss will mute the shade, making it a little less pigmented."
Bookish Beauty8 of 9
According to Jessa, the "Sexy Librarian" look is easy to achieve by using a strong styling gel while hair is still wet. To make it super tight, "use a hair tie to secure a ponytail first and then twist hair around it into a low bun," she says.
Cat's Meow9 of 9
"A subtle cat eye takes practice," Jessa says. "Finding a great liquid liner is key, but finding the right application brush is more important. Look for the thinnest ones. The brush that feels most comfortable will give you the most fluid line.”